The Initiative's 2018 Roleplay Community Awards Read more... ×
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RaWolfe

What kind of Fantasy world would appeal to you?

What kind of Fantasy world would appeal to you?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Where would you like to start?

• Village
    • City
    • Capital
  2. 2. Where would that location belong to?

• Free city!
    • Part of a Kingdom
    • Part of a Democratic/Republic State
    • Part of a Federation
  3. 3. What kind of system would there be?

• For the king!
    • For our own freedom!
    • For the President
    • For my house Lord!
  4. 4. Would magic be a thing in this realm?

• Yes!
    • Ehh no...
    • Well yes, but... (answer in reply)
  5. 5. Would all magical creatures of all levels be allowed?

• All is allowed!
    • All, except for demons, undead and orcs
    • All, except for elves, dwarfs and any other magical good light being
    • All, except the humans

Well got no idea is going to work (hope the poll works), but the general idea is that I love pitching ideas, brainstorm about new adventures and go where no creative mind has yet been. So then I came to this idea, the poll would give your preference to what you like to see and who knows what might become of this brainstorming session. But why did I do this approach, well in the days I have always leaned heavy on genre and series that already had canonship created for me. But what if you create your own world, how would you like to make it work, what is your law and what is allowed? 

Got no idea how this will go, but hopefully, I would see some brilliant and fun interaction ❤️ If it's not so popular, hey I tried 😉 

I'm not sure if I'm actually an expert but I'll say that I'm well-versed when it comes to worldbuilding. However, I tend to do things a bit differently. For once, I absolutely hate Earth 2.0s, meaning the usual landscapes. Only forests, grasslands, deserts, mountains, icelands and so on? Boring. These are fine but an actually unique world needs unique habitats, especially fantastical ones that could never exist on Earth. All of my continents have a "quirk" that makes them different and none of these would be possible on Earth, like one where the ground is made of an unbreakably hard substance which makes living there tough and is a reason why it's plagued by wars, another one has strange weather and weird natural disasters and so on. Granted, doing this kinda stuff is pretty difficult if you don't have the ideas (I had to rework the world a bunch of times) but it pays off. I also dislike generic races like elves, dwarves, orcs and so on and prefer to create custom ones. Another thing that might be hard to do but is really interesting and gives the world a unique charm.

tl;dr: I go for the 'the more unique, the better' approach.

• Thank you 1

Sounds pretty awesome @Gota 😄 The generic races are indeed something you can tweak on, maybe the elves, dwarves and such are the basic ones and over time they evolute into something better? The unbreakable ground, sounds like the bedrock of Minecraft, but also cool idea!!