Favorite Archetype of Character?

Sparky Muse

I have totally loved reading this thread!

In my RP life, I tend to play the older mentor archetypes. Part of this is due to my real age. Older characters are my comfort zone. I should stretch my writing wings. However, since I am the only admin on all three of my sites, I stick with what I know.

I love playing against characters that are younger, in need of mentoring, and often find themselves in situations that are out of their personal comfort zone. Or even in situations they could not have remotely imagined. Like a modern professional finding themselves transported without benefit of their tech to a swords and sorcery world (we have that option at my site).

I wish I were better at writing villains of any kind. I usually on pick ones that will only be around for one plot. I'm awful at writing bad guys!

• Love 1

Someone somewhere went to sleep and dreamed us all alive.
Dreams get pushed around a lot, and I doubt if we'll survive.
We won't get to wake up, dreams were born to disappear.
And I'm pretty sure that none of us are here.
~ None of Us Here by Jim Stafford ~

sagas-button1.png.467e9214ee1a2d2a24c0030301948c27.png 

RPG-Initiative

*your one-stop RPG resource site!

One of my favorites is the Lovable Rogue, but I never seem to do it justice. I don't have enough wit to pull it off.

I tend to play characters that don't really talk much but have a lot of internal monologues.

Lately, the one I've been most active on is a law-abiding stick in the mud traditionalist. 

Edited by MAD
  • Like 1

903463525_fish-bottlecopy.png.a7f351980f4f165fa67d95fe6297fae5.png

New favorite is the crafty crafter. I get to make my own toys so I won't have to rely on any outside assistance. Other players have a reason to come to me if we cant find any other reason and because they want toys too, it's harder to be enemies  that way. I have reasons to look up other players because sharing ideas and spreading the wealth is fun. Mods and events find it easy to motivate me into joining with new materials for my use and money to have more ambitious projects. I can also pretty much flex my own creativity in dead times of no activity and work on my own goals.

Edited by omnitricks
  • Like 1