Personal Rules that you Abide to

Morrigan

•  Don't join a site if...
    • It's my first visit (love at first sight never works out)
    • I don't have a character in mind and at least half-baked (am I SURE it's not love at first sight?)
    • I don't like the rules, eg, account gets deleted if inactive
    • The average thread response time is more than I can stand (I think I can wait 3 weeks for a response but with  5 threads and each of them waiting for a response > 7 days in I've dropped the site like it's hot...)
    • The skin or site aggravates my inner being. It takes me a while to realize that even though I think I like it, it also makes me feel physically ill and that is the site/creators telling me to go away. 
    • The site is not currently active enough to sustain me

I know all of that sounds like common sense but I don't listen so often and it causes me immense heartache and I just really hate feeling emotionally bad about something that is supposed to be entertainment and a hobby. 

Do you know why peppers are spicy? It's the plant's way of telling everybody else to fuck off. Yes, they really do ONLY want birds to eat their fruit because they shit the seeds in just the right way. Not a bird? Too bad, pepper plant doesn't want you there.

It is so very hard for me to reconcile this. My mind just drifts back to being a site owner and being so so desperate for members. Surely if I just follow the rules and play like a good member the site will be happy to have me? NO. Site says "fuck off!". 

• Like 1

zootopia.gif

A relaxed, dark and gritty roleplay based on Disney's Zootopia. 

• If in doubt, ask the other player and check in to see. 
  • Third person, always. 
  • Work with and show an interest in your rp partner's characters/plots/ideas. 
  • Minimal post splicing is okay, no post splicing is preferred.
  • Be grateful for the posts you receive. People choose to do this as a hobby. 
  • No badgering. (I used to be terrible at this). 
  • Agree 1

bzC3QQ.png  

Active, fun, established 2008! Come join us. 
Aeterna Roma

Sites I am on; rpabutton.png 

• If the site layout triggers a migraine, it's not the site for me.
  • Look for communities that know how to laugh.
  • Look for people who listen, and resist the urge to try and get people who consistently don't to.
  • If one of my characters are doing something egregious/terrible/villanous/etc., always make sure the people involved know they have recourse and ways to opt out.
  • If I risk major fallout by setting boundaries, it's already a lost cause.
Edited by Somniac
lol guess who's learning the layout of the land
  • Agree 1

By Wit & Whitby

[Plot] | [Rules] | [Wanted] | [Discord]

18+ | Victorian Era | No App | No Word Count |

PoC & LGBT-friendly | Newbie-friendly

If I cannot scroll down the site, I leave.

There's this new trend to style the page scrollbar so wee that you can barely grab it with your mouse. Some sites style their scrollbar so there actually isn't one - you can't grab it.

On this laptop some of the keys are broken, so the choice is an easy one for me. 

You'd be surprised how many sites I've come to and asked the admin "Hey, um, I can't use the site because I can't scroll, my keys are broken, so uhhh...." and them still literally not getting it.

Edited by xexes
  • Agree 1

zootopia.gif

A relaxed, dark and gritty roleplay based on Disney's Zootopia. 

• 3 years later...

Some rules I abide by when roleplaying are as follows,

- No godmodding without making sure it's alright with the other writer. It's just common courtesy. 

- When plotting make sure I'm not the only one coming up with ideas. Give the other writer a chance to share ideas too. 

- No rushing the other writer to reply. Patience is key. Real life does get in the way sometimes. 

- Don't get angry or possessive when the other writer doesn't reply right away. They have the right to talk and write with other players.

Happy Chicago Fire GIF by Wolf Entertainment

• 3 weeks later...

To welcome, talk to, and post with every member that joins my sites. Too many times I've been on other RPs that the admin either doesn't want to be approached by anyone or make it clear you're bugging them. I want everyone to feel welcomed and they can come to me for anything at any time.

That no one, not even staff, not even myself are above the rules or get special favors.

• 1 month later...

Mostly, to treat RP as the hobby it is. If it’s stressing me out: it’s toxic and I need to let it go.

I reply when I can — because Real Life comes first.

It took me a long time to separate the two, probably because RP has always been my escape and I started it so young but now I can strike a healthy balance of work, life and hobbies.

• Love 1

• 1 month later...

Rules I force myself to abide by for sanity sake: 

-In character has ZERO relation to out of character

-NO metagaming

-Be kind to people in OOC, be patient until needed otherwise

-Keep your mind open to learning! No one is perfect, especially me.