[Solved] Shout Box Dimensions.

Blue Ember

I am trying to add the jcink shoutbox to the board index, using the <% DSHOUTBOX %> key.  Preferably either at the bottom of the board itself, or just below the board header. But for some reason, I cannot get it to fit.  It is taking up the entire width of the page. Where as I want it to fit within the site content border. Or really, be the same width of it. Not necessarily inside it.  Is there a specific code I need?  

The site in question is Here. I have taken the shoutbox off for now though as it looks unsightly the size it is.  Can anyone help with this? Skins & Codes are my enemy. 

Okay, now that I'm on desktop; there are two ways to do this. Either add a surrounding div:

<div style="width: 50%;">
  <% DSHOUTBOX %>
</div>

Or, in your CSS, add this:

#shoutbox { width: 50%; }

You will, of course, need to adjust the width to be what you want it to be at, it probably won't be 50%, but, this is how you control the shoutbox's width. You can also do:

#shoutbox .maintitle { display: none; }

If you want to hide the header on the shoutbox, bonus tidbit, some people like the look of it without the header better, so I thought I'd toss that in.

• Thank you 1

nusignature.png nusignature.png

I am the darkness, always watching, always listening, ALWAYS THERE.
(If you're interested in Plain of Ice, message me, it's private. Bleach site, non-canon.)

Thank you so much. That is awesome. ❤️ That fixes the size.

Sorry to be a pain. One more teeny little thing. How do I get it to center? In the admin CP I only have a left or right option.  :s

If you mean the shoutbox display option, that's actually for the main shoutbox page (?act=Shoutbox). It changes which side of the page the shouts are on, and which side has the shout options.

I assume you want the shoutbox itself centred on the page:

#shoutbox { width: 50%; margin: 0 auto; }

If you want the shout text aligned to the centre, for some reason:

#iframe-shouts { text-align: center; }

Glad to be of help!

• Fuck Yeah! 1
  • Love 1

nusignature.png nusignature.png

I am the darkness, always watching, always listening, ALWAYS THERE.
(If you're interested in Plain of Ice, message me, it's private. Bleach site, non-canon.)

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you so. SO much. Should have said this sooner. But apologies, I was away. This has all be solved perfectly thanks to your help. So this can now be closed 🙂❤️ 

• Love 1