Old fart trying new tricks

Panda

Ok, I’m not old, but I’ve been RPing for just over 20 years. I’ve seen RP grow from irc or aim chat rooms and livejournal groups to what it is now. I’ve seen it grow from being an underground hidden joy to being more openly recognizeable as an enjoyable thing to do. It is pretty great.

I go by Panda, and I’m from Oregon, USA. I’m 30, and I do payroll as well as work for a couple major anime and Japanese culture conventions. I live a very geeky life. 

I like the questions asked, so I’ll answer those. 

• How long have you been RPing? 

Just over 20 years

• What are your favorite RP genres?

Harry Potter, Fantasy, and Some TV show stuff 

• How do you like to RP (Forum, chat, email)?

Forum mostly, but I’ve done chat as wel

• What country are you from?

USA

• What is your favorite book, movie or type of music (or all three)?

My tastes in very way are eclectic as all crap. Some of my favorite books are Jasper Fforde’s The Eyre Affair, Harry Potter, The Vampire Academy and Bloodlines series’, The Sword of Truth series, Lord of the Rings, and so much more

some of my favorite music is: Les Miserables 1988 Broadway Soundtrack, Wicked Soundtrack, Relient K, Savage Garden, Simple Plan, The PDX Broadsides, Taylor Swift, Spice Girls, Backstreet Boys, Pat Benatar, One OK Rock, The Pillows, Noodles, TM Revolution, Tantric, Apocalyptica, and so much more 

some of my favorite movies of all time are Rocky Horror Picture Show, The Princess Bride, The Labyrinth, Harry Potter, Wonder Woman, And Anything Marvel

• What other interest/Hobbies do you have?

I have done NaNoWriMo 10 years in a row though I haven’t done it in a couple of years now. 

I play Magic the Gathering 

i also play lots of old video games like The Realm Online, Diablo, Zelda, and Suikoden

I also run anime conventions as a hobby lol

• What's your favorite color?

Purple

• What's your favorite drink?

Diet Cherry Dr Pepper

Edited by Panda

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin

Welcome to the Initiative @Panda we're glad to have you! Many of your favorite movies are quite amazing. I was personally not thrilled with the Rocky remake but the original is bad ass.

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

Thank you!! And I agree, the original Rocky Horror is way better

• Fuck Yeah! 1

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome from the resident Romanian vampire. (And no, I'm actually not one. Neither Vlad the Impaler was... just a regular cruel prince of his times.) I am doing NaNoWriMo and Camp NaNo since 2016, one camp NaNo lost. Most likely I;ll lose the next November one because lately I can't do anymore 1800 words/ day. But I'll do it, with a short stories collection. I like Lord of the Rings and Victor Hugo's Les Miserables (I mean book and movies, I haven't seen the musical. For me Jean Gabin, then Gerard Depardieu were the best Jean Valjeans).