Please please PLEASE make 2x versions of your buttons and graphics

Deep Sea

Y'all. Please. Trust me on this one. I would be more than thrilled to show everyone how to export 2x versions of their graphics and tweak the html to control the display size.

Why?

Cuz these graphics are fuzzy as shit. I had no idea until I started using my work computer (a Macbook) to browse RP sites during my lunch break, but damn. Damn. Retina be ruinin' all y'all's buttons. All my buttons. It's ruining everything. I can't go back to a regular monitor.

I've seen the future, and it's drowning in pixel density.

I'm never making 1x graphics for my RPs ever again.

Edited by Deep Sea
I've been drinking and forgot there's no markdown
  • Love 1

Glub glub.

Do you mean, make all images twice the size of what you need, and manually scale them down for normal view so that in larger screens the images don't get fuzzwuzzy?

• Agree 1

OnyxSiggy1.jpg.c76f2c1acc64a865bdf5164f4c085020.jpg

Why should I make my graphics twice if I need them once? I mean, wouldn't they be exact copies? Or do you want them of different resolutions? Why, if I need only a specific resolution? And why use dohtml? I hate it and I use it almost never.

Edited by Elena
  • Agree 1

I think its because sometimes you need things in a bigger size due to 1) modern screen resolutions making the standard 1x size look bad, 2) flexibility for reusing/editing images. Its easy to scale things down using code, css, html, whatever, but if you scale things up, the computer needs to guess what the pixels would be, and the image looks either pixelated or blurry, and things just don't look right. by using an image thats 2x the size it should be, it allows you to make the image once, and have some flexibility in how you scale it, while high resolution, and large monitors don't take the hit.

Okay but most rules specifically require an image size. Required image sizes for affiliate graphics (as an example) are not going to be scaled down by the person asking for a specific size, I can almost promise. I get that it's 'easy' to do with html but not everything is being displayed with html - ad posts, etcetc.

• Agree 2

affiliatebutton.png

Some must be warriors that others may live in peace.

@Deep Sea it's a good thing @Arceus is here to translate for you lmao 

I actually learned really neat stuff from this, and probably should have been a graphics/coding major rather than a mortuary major. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

OnyxSiggy1.jpg.c76f2c1acc64a865bdf5164f4c085020.jpg

Dead people are a universal constant. You'll never want for work, and you're providing a valuable service for public health.

• LOL 1

Glub glub.

• 2 weeks later...

Sage I wish I could like your post a million times over!!

• LOL 1

Glub glub.