Boards you are shocked don't exist

Rune

• Admin

This is not a discussion thread. If you are curious about things please bring it to another topic or a status message.

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

Nineteen-Eightyfour (How is this not a thing now that dystopia is so popular?!)

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (or an asylum/support home rp that doesn't have a horror vibe)

I was reading some classic novels recently....

• Agree 2
tumblr_ovxhy4cZLY1wtsmmno3_r1_100.jpg

Never seen it before in all my years searching, something eastern/wuxia. I wouldn't play one of those martial artist PCs, sneaky schemers/poison users/explosives users are more my interests but yeah.

Or if we can take it a step further, something like Into The Badlands which has the awesomeness of the above combined with modern amenities.

Edited by omnitricks
  • Like 1

I'm surprised the late, great Terry Pratchett's Discworld series hasn't been turned into an RP. There's so much potential there, in such a quirky and detailed setting. I'm not entirely sure how popular the series was in the US, though. 

• Agree 1

New_Project_1.jpg

Seconding Discworld. My short-lived site died when Sir Pratchett passed away. I always hoped that once the grieving stage was over somebody else would pick up the torch and make one as well.

Also anything based on;

Sabrina

Shannara

Anything by Gemmel, Holt or Irvine

• Love 1

5 hours ago, Demimonde said:

Seconding Discworld. My short-lived site died when Sir Pratchett passed away. I always hoped that once the grieving stage was over somebody else would pick up the torch and make one as well.

I'm happy just to know that you at least attempted a Discworld RP. I'm sorry it ended with the death of the man himself, although I can understand why his fans would have been too upset to rp it. 

• Thank you 1

New_Project_1.jpg

Game of Thrones honestly its a huge fandom but only a few sites I've seen for it.

9 hours ago, Arizona said:

Game of Thrones honestly its a huge fandom but only a few sites I've seen for it.

It's probably not helped that George R. R. Martin himself isn't really big on fan works? At least I recalled seeing an entry about A Song of Ice and Fire on TV Tropes Wiki's "no fan works" article. Then again, that was several years ago and I have no idea if his stance towards fan works have softened since then, or not. 

On 9/14/2018 at 9:37 AM, Demimonde said:

Also anything based on;

Sabrina

Shannara

Anything by Gemmel, Holt or Irvine

I second the Shannara! Post-apoc and fantasy races?? It's like an rp dream. Where those sites at ??? 

Charmed. I think I've only ever seen one Charmed site. The series is being revived so you'd think there would be more rp hype.

Tamora Pierce. There was one site that was around for years based in Tortall that I regularly stalked, but it died within like the last year. It was the only site I ever saw of its kind.

• Agree 1

translunary.gif.5374a61b67b4df1af4bb898e0c039553.gif

a dark, urban fantasy;

inspired by sailor moon

I'm kinda surprised that I have not come across a Wizard of Oz roleplay forum. I love anything Wizard of Oz. 

• Agree 1

“There's a scream permanently lodged in my throat now.”
― Michelle McNamara

On 9/16/2018 at 11:21 PM, Sage said:

I second the Shannara! Post-apoc and fantasy races?? It's like an rp dream. Where those sites at ??? 

I third this. 

Looking around today I am really shocked there aren't really any Fantastic Beasts era Harry Potter sites! You would think they should be super popular with the new movie on its way. Handmaids Tale is another one I've not seen around. So much lore there. Into the Badlands is another. 

• Agree 1
  • Preach it! 1

operation: bowtruckles & bombs

R6MmD.png