Boards you are shocked don't exist

Rune

Whether pop culture based, book based or what have you. Are there any style of board you are legitimately surprised you haven't seen around? Or, at least, that there aren't more of?

I'm shocked there aren't tons of Wings of Fire rps out there.

Game of Thrones, to be perfectly honest. I think I've only seen one or two, considering how large of a pop-culture phenomenon it is. 
And in that vein, where did all the Tolkien boards go? 

• Agree 1

OnyxSiggy1.jpg.c76f2c1acc64a865bdf5164f4c085020.jpg

I posted this and immediately found a Wings of Fire board. Because of course.

Dresden Files

Steven Universe

• Preach it! 1

Too few historical sites, and even fewer set in the Age of Sail or Renaissance...

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Preach it! 1

Elder Scrolls sites!! I wish people who did occasionally make them created AUs as is done with Dragon Age sites, instead of constantly setting them during the events of Skyrim. 

Sites in the world of the Witcher.

I'm also surprised there aren't any historical Vikings sites? I'd join that in a heartbeat. 

Edited by Rivfader
  • Agree 1
  • Love 2
  • Preach it! 1

rsz_nightborn_signature.png.49b292d20e17d3c29707bfecdb8bb800.png

Redwall RPs. Seeing as the lil' niche of animal RPs is pretty healthy and people frequently try to branch out from the usual suspects of wolves, horses, and cats, I donnu why Redwall sites are not more common. Or exist at all. I think I've run across one simple site, which was so very dead, and that is all. Maybe the Warriors books have taken over school libraries and kids are not discovering Redwall like me n' my peers had. That would explain it... Not that there is anything wrong with Warriors RPs, which are many. -shrug-

2 hours ago, Rivfader said:

Elder Scrolls sites!! I wish people who did occasionally make them created AUs as is done with Dragon Age sites, instead of constantly setting them during the events of Skyrim

Yes, please. I can play Skyrim on my own, I don't need to play it out again with other peeps. The Elder Scrolls setting is so much more expansive an' flexible than just the events of any one game!

• Agree 1
  • Love 2

goShaveYourGiantHeadOfSmellWithYourBadSelf.png.330cfee24df61fd4cc42c52e66e63ab6.png

38 minutes ago, Kajes said:

Yes, please. I can play Skyrim on my own, I don't need to play it out again with other peeps. The Elder Scrolls setting is so much more expansive an' flexible than just the events of any one game!

I know! There's endless possibilities that haven't really been explored, ever. I wonder how much interest there is for a TES AU of some kind?

7 hours ago, Rivfader said:

Elder Scrolls sites!! I wish people who did occasionally make them created AUs as is done with Dragon Age sites, instead of constantly setting them during the events of Skyrim. 

Sites in the world of the Witcher.

I'm also surprised there aren't any historical Vikings sites? I'd join that in a heartbeat. 

Ugh. Yes! The rare times where I've seen an TES RP it's always set during the events of Skyrim... and I'm just not interested in doing that. My suspicion is that this is because it's the most recent game (excluding ESO), it's the only TES game that the creators have played, and/or there's a fear that venturing outside the events of Skyrim won't have a wider reaching appeal. IMO, if you make a TES game you're going to be niche anyway, so you might as well just embrace it and step outside the Skyrim comfort zone. xD

• Agree 1

16 minutes ago, Mord Proxy said:

Ugh. Yes! The rare times where I've seen an TES RP it's always set during the events of Skyrim... and I'm just not interested in doing that. My suspicion is that this is because it's the most recent game (excluding ESO), it's the only TES game that the creators have played, and/or there's a fear that venturing outside the events of Skyrim won't have a wider reaching appeal. IMO, if you make a TES game you're going to be niche anyway, so you might as well just embrace it and step outside the Skyrim comfort zone. xD

Yeah, about two years ago myself and a friend tried to set one way back in the TESO era and there was barely any interest at all because not many people in the rp community that I came into contact with at that time knew much about the Aldmeri Dominion, etc. It would've been sooo fun though if we did find even a small group of people!

But even so with Skyrim, you could easily make an AU that was post-Skyrim's events and since the plot would be pretty much all original, nobody could claim to have any trouble about knowing what was going on! I'm just so bored of the repetitiveness of playing through Skyrim's timeline.

• Love 1

7 hours ago, Rivfader said:

YES PLEASE.

I'm also v. surprised that with all the dystopian boards, arranged marriage boards, etc. there aren't any Handmaid's Tale boards!

• Like 3

IKiE2z.png

Well, this will totally date me!

Sites based on Andre Norton's book series: Witch World, Time Traders, or Moon Singer series. I use elements from these as a homage to this incredible lady who was writing fantasy and science fiction at a time where she had to change her name to a man's name to be published.

Babylon 5

• Love 2

Someone somewhere went to sleep and dreamed us all alive.
Dreams get pushed around a lot, and I doubt if we'll survive.
We won't get to wake up, dreams were born to disappear.
And I'm pretty sure that none of us are here.
~ None of Us Here by Jim Stafford ~

sagas-button1.png.467e9214ee1a2d2a24c0030301948c27.png 

RPG-Initiative

*your one-stop RPG resource site!

I haven't seen any elder scrolls sites in a long time. Same with game of thrones and dragon age sites. I actually ran an Avatar: The Last Airbender board back in the day when proboards v4 was a thing. Since then I haven't seen a single site within that universe which makes me sad. v.v

I've also never seen a site set in the Kate Daniels (Ilona Andrews) universe. There is so much good lore and the book series is just about complete, it has quite a following too but nobody that actually RPs, it seems.

• Like 1

I'm shocked I haven't seen any Wicked + the Divine roleplays! The idea of gods from various pantheons coming to Earth as famous musicians seems so well-suited to this mode of storytelling!

• Cheers 1
  • Preach it! 2

Pendragon. Actually, I'm surprised it wasn't made into a movie series either. 

I also only ever see the same two Hunger Games boards anywhere. 

• Preach it! 1

OnyxSiggy1.jpg.c76f2c1acc64a865bdf5164f4c085020.jpg