Boards you are shocked don't exist

Rune

Maybe its just because these are things I like but

- Sci fi fandom RPs that aren't Star Wars and Star Trek based. Like I love these fandoms with all my heart, but I feel like there's a lot of other fictional versions of space I'd love to play in too.  I'll see some Mass Effect ones once in awhile, but thats really it outside of these two. 

- Magical girls!  I'll see some Sailor Moon boards sometimes, but I don't think I've ever seen an original magical girl board. I feel like thats a genre that would be a lot of fun to RP with. 

• Like 2
  • Preach it! 2

1 hour ago, Sanghelios said:

- Magical girls!  I'll see some Sailor Moon boards sometimes, but I don't think I've ever seen an original magical girl board. I feel like thats a genre that would be a lot of fun to RP with. 

I saw a Winx board once!  but for some reason Sailor Moon seems to be the only Magical Girl site that survives: and even then there's only like....1 or 2 that survived passed the birthing phase. 

• Preach it! 1

OnyxSiggy1.jpg.c76f2c1acc64a865bdf5164f4c085020.jpg

hmmm.....I am surprised I have not seen any Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children rps, there is so much creative freedom for the players on this particular peculiar topic. 

Also I have never seen any TES sites so I am surprised that anyone here has even mentioned any of the Elder Scrolls Games. Now I am considering an interest check/coterie to see if there is a big enough interest in an AU one. I loved Oblivion and Skyrim though I only played a little of Morrowind and that one I always wanted to play but never could get into it. However, I agree Skyrim has more or less taken over the TES fan base and seriously it was good while the game was hot, but let it go folks. 

With any fandom it is okay to branch out or go AU, Skyrim is not the end all be all. 

• Agree 1
  • Love 1

Minecraft. It is not my cup of tea, but with such a huge fanbase and an open world feel already created, it seems like it would be an interesting world to play in.

Also, dungeons and dragons. Like legitimately set in that world. I think I saw one one time?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
tumblr_ovxhy4cZLY1wtsmmno3_r1_100.jpg

@Sanghelios RIGHT???? I'm working on a mahou shoujo inspired board myself, it's such a fun genre. To me, it's right up there with school roleplays in terms of diversity. There's a formula, sure, but seeing so many different twists on the recipe is why I like it so much! Though, to be fair, I am the kind of person who considers the later seasons of Megaman NT Warrior to be a magical girl plot, and the Ginga Bishounen from Star Driver basically has a transformation sequence.... 

If I found an RP group that meshed together sci-fi/cyberpunk themes and magical girl tropes without crossing over into weird covert pedophilia or military fangasms, I'd be all over that.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Glub glub.

19 hours ago, Sanghelios said:

AAAaaaaaahhhh I'm so hardcore into magical girl rps and the only ones I've ever seen/been a part of are Sailor Moon and a large part of that niche community is full of flakes *dies of desperation for more magical girl rps*

Dramatics aside, @Deep Sea that sounds amazing I'm like 8000% interested in what you're doing.

• I have NEVER seen a successful Gundam rp. I'd die for a good giant robot.
  • Firefly. I've seen maybe one in passing?
  • Anything Stephen King related. There's such expansive lore and so much media surrounding his works. The new IT came out last year and there's currently Castle Rock playing on Hulu. Why aren't there any rps around any of that?
  • On that note, Stranger Things. Where are all the 80's horror sites?? That genre is so en vogue right now everywhere else!
  • The Magicians. The books are terrible but the show is amazing and has gotten so much press since its inception - where are those sites???
  • The Incredibles. The sequel just came out. There's so much to play with in that world.
  • Kingsman. Or really any good spy rp. It's been years since I've seen one.
  • Agree 1
  • Cheers 1

translunary.gif.5374a61b67b4df1af4bb898e0c039553.gif

a dark, urban fantasy;

inspired by sailor moon

11 hours ago, Deep Sea said:

@Sanghelios RIGHT???? I'm working on a mahou shoujo inspired board myself, it's such a fun genre. To me, it's right up there with school roleplays in terms of diversity. There's a formula, sure, but seeing so many different twists on the recipe is why I like it so much! Though, to be fair, I am the kind of person who considers the later seasons of Megaman NT Warrior to be a magical girl plot, and the Ginga Bishounen from Star Driver basically has a transformation sequence.... 

If I found an RP group that meshed together sci-fi/cyberpunk themes and magical girl tropes without crossing over into weird covert pedophilia or military fangasms, I'd be all over that.

@Deep Sea

Sounds like you're clamouring for a Lyrical Nanoha or Symphogear RP. Cause hey, sci-fi magical girls with a military element seemed to be what these two series have in spades. 

• Cheers 1

Terminator RPG where it's not about John Connor. 

I have always thought that there were others like him. Connor is based in California and we're told that he's the one who saves humanity from extinction. I believe he wasn't alone in this, He couldn't have been the only leader. Even in Captain Power there were other resistance leaders.

Still, the Terminator RPGs I've seen focus on Connor or his lieutenants and others below them. This leaves me asking- who leads in New York, Tampa, Colorado, Toronto, Calgary, Europe, Russia or other parts of the world? Wherever there are survivors, there are going to be leaders.

• Fuck Yeah! 3

"He who trims himself to suit everyone soon whittles himself away."
- Raymond Hull

17.jpg

On 8/19/2018 at 6:22 AM, Thyme said:

Minecraft. It is not my cup of tea, but with such a huge fanbase and an open world feel already created, it seems like it would be an interesting world to play in.

Also, dungeons and dragons. Like legitimately set in that world. I think I saw one one time?

People rp in Minecraft. Does that count?

I've always hoped to see something Cloud Atlas based. The futuristic settings are so interesting to me! But I also like the idea of playing various 'incarnations' of my character. Maybe something where you app a character with a set personality but short snippets of history for each era. Though my personal preference would be for different players to write different incarnations of a specific character. Everyone uses the same face to write their version in only the era they app the character to fit. Then people could explore ideas like Karma, 'what goes around comes around', etc. 

Also I really need an Elder Scrolls/Dragon Age crossover now please. Chantry Orcs people!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

operation: bowtruckles & bombs

R6MmD.png

13 minutes ago, Jones said:

Also I really need an Elder Scrolls/Dragon Age crossover now please. Chantry Orcs people!

That'd be so fun!! I'm jumping on that bandwagon.

• Preach it! 1

rsz_nightborn_signature.png.49b292d20e17d3c29707bfecdb8bb800.png

I'm amazed there aren't any existing Disney/Harry Potter crossovers

• Great Idea 1

lipsbanner.jpg

Red Light District Role-Playing.

Adult role-playing forum.
Fulfill your fantasies in the Red Light District.

I'm genuinely surprised Sense8 never got a really solid site. It seems like it was BUILT for RP almost. Funny enough, The Matrix was huge, but never really got a big RP space, iirc. Similarly, I don't think I've seen much of Westworld. Maybe the lore is too specific? Not sure...

E5zAKhe.gif

On 8/19/2018 at 5:11 PM, Sage said:

• Anything Stephen King related. There's such expansive lore and so much media surrounding his works. The new IT came out last year and there's currently Castle Rock playing on Hulu. Why aren't there any rps around any of that?

Omg I would LOVE to see an RP set in Stephen King's Maine. 

I'm surprised I haven't seen an RP set in The Good Place because it's so popular, but I feel like the lore for it is so specific it would be difficult to run? I also don't think I've seen anything set in the Mass Effect verse. 

• Agree 1

I see Firefly, and am going to raise you a Babylon 5. Both are classic cult universes with a LOT of potential. Also in that vein are Dark Matter, Killjoys, and The Expanse

• Preach it! 1

OnyxSiggy1.jpg.c76f2c1acc64a865bdf5164f4c085020.jpg