Farscape

Eureka

warehouse 13

Repo (doesn’t matter which one)

im sure I’ll think of more. 

• Fuck Yeah! 1

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

Two of them were mentioned previously in this thread, but there are 4 RPs I'm surprised I've never really seen a game of:

1. Elder Scrolls RP (the most logical one would be AU and featuring all countries, but I imagine most people probably do in-game roleplaying groups on the Elder Scrolls Online Server)

2. Redwall is another RP that should exist but doesn't, and I've read (and own) enough of the books I know plenty about the world. 

----------------------------------------------

The other two are, although the system would probably be a bit difficult:

1. Dragon Quest RP- it's a lot like Final Fantasy, but more anme-ish and parody-ish, and everything considered, it's extremely strange I haven't seen any of them.

2. A "Tales Of" Roleplay, which, logically, somebody'd probably do a "Tales Of the Ages" and do a time-warp thing to connect multiple games such as the Xilia games, Symphonia games, Legendia, Graces, Abyss, Hearts, and several more.

And another one I just thought of that probably does exist is a Digimon-Yokai Watch crossover.

These boards would probably be hard to regulate, though, or hard to manage, although the Redwall RP would probably get somewhat boring quickly, as a guess, while the others would probably center around a lot of "member-created sidequests".

Still, though, I'm surprised there isn't at least one of each of these out there that I've seen. I've even seen a Kingdom Hearts and a Soul Eater RP, but none of these.

Honestly, I'm surprised there aren't more original roleplays. From my observations, about half the sites out there are "original" but oftentimes with the same few genres: real life, super powers, creatures, etc.

But there are so many other things to explore: shipwrecked on an island, time travel, horror, regular people being transported to strange worlds, apocalyptic where the apocalypse is starting/happening in the present game play. They're sometimes hard to do, bit they're always fun to see around.

I'm also surprised that there aren't alternate histories, or historical fiction in different/more time periods.

• Agree 3
  • Love 1

WoL___dark01.png

Not sure it's been mentioned but The Rivers of London series by Ben Aaronovich. Then again, the series is more popular in England that it isn't in America so.

And also I'm with @Morrigan, Warehouse 13... but maybe an alternate universe where Pete and Mica were not forced together with no chemistry to speak of.

• LOL 1

Respice Finem

Can be found causing mayhem and intrugue at Dawnbreak.

image.png.26f869973cedc9bd084f357aedf7c335.png

On 8/25/2018 at 12:01 PM, Sparky Muse said:

1. Elder Scrolls RP (the most logical one would be AU and featuring all countries, but I imagine most people probably do in-game roleplaying groups on the Elder Scrolls Online Server)

2. Redwall is another RP that should exist but doesn't, and I've read (and own) enough of the books I know plenty about the world. 

(1) Used to be more popular in the last year or two, but they sort of died out in favor for Dragon Age

(2) These boards pop up very rarely, maybe one every 2 or 3 years. They don't last long

On 8/19/2018 at 2:11 PM, Sage said:

AAAaaaaaahhhh I'm so hardcore into magical girl rps and the only ones I've ever seen/been a part of are Sailor Moon and a large part of that niche community is full of flakes *dies of desperation for more magical girl rps*

Dramatics aside, @Deep Sea that sounds amazing I'm like 8000% interested in what you're doing.

• Anything Stephen King related. There's such expansive lore and so much media surrounding his works. The new IT came out last year and there's currently Castle Rock playing on Hulu. Why aren't there any rps around any of that?

On 8/24/2018 at 9:41 AM, Beanie said:

Omg I would LOVE to see an RP set in Stephen King's Maine. 

(1) There's been a growing amount of Sailor Moon roleplays but I've never seen a magical girl one : (
(2) Actually, I saw a Stephen King roleplay last week! It's the first one I ever saw, it's more of a meld of creepy/paranormal but there is mention of King's universe. I can't remember where I saw it. 

On 8/19/2018 at 6:22 AM, Thyme said:

Minecraft. It is not my cup of tea, but with such a huge fanbase and an open world feel already created, it seems like it would be an interesting world to play in.

Also, dungeons and dragons. Like legitimately set in that world. I think I saw one one time?

(1) In the last 1-2 years there have been a few attempts. They're pretty rare. One died out immediately, another one did just okay, didn't get very big.

(2) Dungeons and dragons is very much a thing. There's only a few during any given time but they have a tendency to last a long time. I know of two that are up and operating and have been running for years now. The thing with this genre is that most of the D&D games are actually on a whole separate community dedicated to running and recruiting online D&D players. It's like RPG-Initiative but for D&D! I forgot where it is. The other part of this is that with all of the cool tools and such, forums are pretty medieval! They have maps and chats and dice all in the browser window, everything right there. 

• I read this! 1
  • Like 2

zootopia.gif

A relaxed, dark and gritty roleplay based on Disney's Zootopia. 

Man xexes, where do YOU hang out?

• Love 1
  • LOL 2

Glub glub.

15 hours ago, Deep Sea said:

Man xexes, where do YOU hang out?

When I advertise, I'll look at all the roleplays that are out there. They are pretty! Each one is someone's gem of hard work, their baby, and their pride and joy. To me, seeing all of the sites out there is like playing with bunch of fuzzy-wuzzy puppies. 

Also, I can't remember stuff that really matters. Took me a month to remember my own boss' name. Forgot my spouse's name at our honeymoon. Random trivia that doesn't really remember that much? Sure, I'll write you the exact tale of that redwall site 3 years ago in novel format. 

Edited by xexes
It was the honeymoon not the wedding, whoops
  • Love 2
  • LOL 1

zootopia.gif

A relaxed, dark and gritty roleplay based on Disney's Zootopia. 

Games designed with beginners to RP as the main focus. 

The Last Kingdom RPGs

• Like 2

bzC3QQ.png  

Active, fun, established 2008! Come join us. 
Aeterna Roma

Sites I am on; rpabutton.png 

Really surprised there isn't an RP based on the Soulless books. 

On 8/25/2018 at 1:49 PM, Uaithne said:

I'm also surprised that there aren't alternate histories, or historical fiction in different/more time periods.

YES! Also more historical fantasy. Werewolves and vampires in different periods of time! There is a Victorian fantasy running around out there, though. 

• Agree 1

Two things I remembered recently, because I was talking about them elsewhere:

Warehouse 13 and/or The Librarians Series, both of which are essentially the same type of plot to it. These two series, when I watched them, I couldn't help but think were/are absolutely BEGGING to be made into roleplays. But I wouldn't know too much about it myself.

• Agree 1

48 minutes ago, Sparky Muse said:

The Librarians Series

Yessss this show is so great. The movies too, but the show is really fun and interesting. I'm not sure why I feel like it would fit in with a Doctor Who sort of theme/vibe/world. 🤔 

operation: bowtruckles & bombs

R6MmD.png

This is an interesting topic. I've been away from searching out rps for a long time.  I admit, I was cocooned in my own worlds and haven't had much heart to search out other themes.  I've never seen The Librarians.  I did see The Librarian movie, I just assumed it was in line with the movie, so I never watched it.  Is it the same? 

mC51f48.png

19 minutes ago, Cosima said:

This is an interesting topic. I've been away from searching out rps for a long time.  I admit, I was cocooned in my own worlds and haven't had much heart to search out other themes.  I've never seen The Librarians.  I did see The Librarian movie, I just assumed it was in line with the movie, so I never watched it.  Is it the same? 

Its basically a sequel in which the librarian from the films gets some unexpected apprentices of a sort. Its on Hulu last I checked and definitely worth a watch.

operation: bowtruckles & bombs

R6MmD.png

On 8/25/2018 at 3:00 PM, Morrigan said:

Farscape

Eureka

warehouse 13

Repo (doesn’t matter which one)

im sure I’ll think of more. 

I don't go in for fandom RPs, but I do squee a little whenever anyone mentions Farscape these days.  It was my favorite for years and years.