Discord widget question

Rivfader

I'm adding the discord widget to my site & I was wondering how to get it to show the most recent messages in the channel I've chosen to display rather than just the online users? I've seen this on sites while advertising as a guest, so it wasn't anything to do with being logged into the channel or anything.

Thank you!

Edit: Meant to post this in the coding help forum.

Edited by Rivfader

rsz_nightborn_signature.png.49b292d20e17d3c29707bfecdb8bb800.png

You'll need some kind of server embed system. Previously, sites used TitanEmbed, but these days WidgetBot is more common. Ah, they did change their website interface, so it may not be quite obvious how to do it, this documentation can get you going after you've invited the bot to your server. As far as I know, Titan and WidgetBot are the only two full chat embeds for Discord.

• Fuck Yeah! 1

nusignature.png nusignature.png

I am the darkness, always watching, always listening, ALWAYS THERE.
(If you're interested in Plain of Ice, message me, it's private. Bleach site, non-canon.)

12 minutes ago, Arceus said:

You'll need some kind of server embed system. Previously, sites used TitanEmbed, but these days WidgetBot is more common. Ah, they did change their website interface, so it may not be quite obvious how to do it, this documentation can get you going after you've invited the bot to your server. As far as I know, Titan and WidgetBot are the only two full chat embeds for Discord.

Ahh, I see. Thank you! I'll check WidgetBot out. 

• You're Welcome 1

@Arceus - Another quickish question: Is it possible to edit the css of the widgetbot at all? i.e, to change the blue accents and buttons to green to match Nightborn's skin more, or are you kinda stuck with discord's normal colours? I think I read somewhere that it was possible to make edits like these with the Json Api but I'm not sure how that works. Don't know if you'd be familiar with this either!!

I wouldn't know if there's a way around it, there may be, but I'm pretty sure WB patrons get CSS controls. I know there is a way of customizing its CSS still because the embed on its site front page is blue lol

• Like 1

nusignature.png nusignature.png

I am the darkness, always watching, always listening, ALWAYS THERE.
(If you're interested in Plain of Ice, message me, it's private. Bleach site, non-canon.)

Hey,

If you'll join the WidgetBot server, they can help you out with CSS customization. You'll need to provide the hex color codes for them. I just use their dark theme when I used it at all.

Best Regards and good luck!

• Like 1

Someone somewhere went to sleep and dreamed us all alive.
Dreams get pushed around a lot, and I doubt if we'll survive.
We won't get to wake up, dreams were born to disappear.
And I'm pretty sure that none of us are here.
~ None of Us Here by Jim Stafford ~

sagas-button1.png.467e9214ee1a2d2a24c0030301948c27.png 

RPG-Initiative

*your one-stop RPG resource site!

Alright, great! Thanks guys!