Jcink: Can't use back button & Recent topic activity question

Rivfader

Hi! My members and I have noticed that the back button on both Chrome & Firefox (not sure about other browsers) doesn't work when you're on Nightborn. Anyone have any idea what might be causing this and/or how to fix it?

My other question is, is it possible to hide posts from the advertising forum from the "Recent topic activity" that shows up at the bottom of the forum?

rsz_nightborn_signature.png.49b292d20e17d3c29707bfecdb8bb800.png

Okay, I can't quite narrow down what, exactly, is causing it, but there is some kind of script that's making the page load three times instead of just once. So when you click a link, it loads it three times, and becomes the "back" target; thus clicking back reloads the page and enters another three copies of that page in the back history. Right clicking the back button and going back to the right page works. I was going to ask if you had DShoutbox on, because that will disable the back button in a similar way, but I can't find it. Ahm, maybe take out any scripts you have on the site, check, and put them back, until it starts working right, so you can figure out what's doing it.

And unfortunately, no to the second question. You'd need some kind of filter for it, and if I remember correctly, there isn't one, or um, access to the back-end.

• Cheers 1

nusignature.png nusignature.png

I am the darkness, always watching, always listening, ALWAYS THERE.
(If you're interested in Plain of Ice, message me, it's private. Bleach site, non-canon.)

Thanks @Arceus! I've tried deleting them one at a time but that didn't seem to fix the problem so I'm not sure what the heck is doing it.

Edited by Rivfader

The back button issue is usually caused by the default shoutbox, if you have that on your board. It causes the page to refresh each time it does, so your back button targets that instead. Either switching to Dusty's jquery adaptation (Found on the jcink support board/his github) or another software like cbox.ws will fix it.

Edited by kjSage

I'm not using the default shoutbox. But yeah, I figured it out. Using widgetbot to embed discord was causing it so I contacted their support and they said there's nothing they can do soooo, probably gonna have to ditch that unfortunately!