Requirements of being listedThese requirements are to be performed prior to submitting your roleplay to our directory. We try to approve directory listings quickly and that means that we can approve your listing within 30-60 seconds after you have submitted your listing. To keep from wasting the staff's time or your time always make sure that you have completely complied with the following.
- You must have 10 posts or more. The site automatically promotes you to be able to add your link to our directory without staff intervention.
- Site activity is determined by the last activity date of the listing on the Initiative. Listings that haven't been updated in 60 days will be archived. At this point the listing will only be viewable to the owner of the listing and the staff. You can request to get your site made active again, once you have updated it, in the Staff Contact Center by providing a link to the listing. Sites that sit in our archive for an additional 60 days will be deleted.
- Your site must maintain a link back to The Initiative and must meet the following criteria:
- The link back to RPG Initiative must be from your sites main page (normally the one you are linking to in the directory).
- The link must direct to The Initiative's index page (https://rpginitiative.com/).
- The link back must be an 88x31 button link with The Initiative Logo on it. If you are unsure how to link back on your software please ask us.
- The button must be in a static position and is preferred to be with other directory or listing sites.
- The link cannot be hidden behind tabs or at the bottom of scroll boxes.
- Modifying the Initiative button via CSS is prohibited. This includes opacity and color changes that otherwise change the appearance of the Initiative button.
Once you have complied with the above rules go to our Directory and press "Add new Link" in the top right just like adding a topic on the forum this will bring you to our directory form. It is long and looks pretty complicated but in the next section we're going to show you a few images and explain what each of the fields do for your listing.
How do I bump my directory listing?Here on the Initiative you do not need to comment on your listing in order to bump it, or to even provide site updates, we provide that all int he listing itself. Editing your listing will bump it without any edits made, however, you can also provide end users with site updates by simply editing the listing and updating the section called "Site Updates". Once you update that it will bump your listing to the top.
As with all of our site our standard bumping rules apply meaning 2 bumps per week.