How important is OOC activity to you?

Morrigan

OOC activity is pretty important to me! I like being apart of engaging communities, and having an active ooc community is a must! If I can't connect with my fellow roleplayers oocly, then I will have a hard time connecting to the site icly.

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...

OOC activity is important to me! The majority of it for my site is through the Discord, but I like being able to casually chat with my site members as well as with the members of the other sites I'm apart of in their dedicated servers even if I'm not in the situation or headspace to write posts. I like a nice balance of chatting and writing though, but that kind of thing seems to ebb and flow. 

Community keeps me invested, for certain - so I really want to build a friendly and open one on my site.

bbrbanner_ver2.png

Forum || Discord

I think OOC activity is a good indicator of site health. You wanna try to build a nice little community to hang with so the ideas flow well. I like being able to just chatter with folks about the site subject or character plots without necessarily committing to anything or dedicating a full forum post to it. Forum wise I'm more of a lurker but I tend to be pretty active in Discord and cboxes for any boards I'm on. And if your community is solid it's a lot easier to weather those busy holiday months!

fa3E7jF.gifaffiliate.jpgLight-and-Life.gif

• 1 month later...

It's important to have an active OOC side as well as an IC side. It's nice to be able to talk and joke with your other members outside of the RP setting. Though the red flags do start popping up when there is loads of OOC chatter, but barely any IC posts being made, so it is important to try and keep nice activity of both going. But yeah, I don't think I would consider joining an RP which didn't have an OOC community, it helps keep me invested. 

• 3 months later...

OOC activity is fairly important to me, that being said it's better now that Discord is a thing, and we can all happily chat in there and keep in touch with one another. I know that's not something that people from the outside looking in can see, not like the days of everyone having a cbox. But I love to chat OOC with the members of my site, they're great people, and I've met some of my greatest/longest tenured friends through OOC chatting in a roleplay. I don't really think OOC boards on your forum are important anymore because of implementing things like Discord, however. Most of those boards on my site go unused for months.

Pern's New Era is upon us..

Pern's New Era.png

Jcink Premium, 1+ Years

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

OOC activity is important to me as well. I like getting to know the people that I'm writing with outside of our threads, and I've been good friends for years with people I've met on rp communities

Traverse

an 18+ original sci-fi/fantasy rp

multiple worlds | magical abilities | open lore

• 1 month later...

I feel like OOC activity matters, not vital but it's an important aspect of the whole. Even if it's not used much I feel it's a vital part.

I think it's up to the member to be honest. Some people just want to focus on the writing and that's understandable. But I feel, also, that the more one gets more into the OOC, the more chance for fostering a good community vibe comes into play too. I think a healthy balance is nice. ❤️ 

Most of my OOC happens on Discord, but I like there to be at least a little of it. It's impossible to check in with people (because they haven't been posting, or because you want their buy-in for taking a scene in a certain direction) if they won't talk to you.

• 2 weeks later...

Pretty important really. I don't just view a group as somewhere I post my characters on. I like the sense of community. That I can log onto discord, click the OOC server and have people that are just so silly or happy to say hello to me and just make a 'meh' day into a decent one. I also tend to talk a lot to members  and it can be anything from our love of flaming hot cheetos to how dumb my character is acting in so and so thread. Or just vent on a terrible work day or situation and have someone just listen to it. Then there is all the stuff to talk about for IC stuff.

• 1 month later...

OOC is very important to me! I like knowing the people I write with; being able to tell them to say hi to their dog for me is paramount in my RP life. And if that's wrong, I don't want to be right.

I care a lot about OOC activity. To me, the beauty of RP is the collaborative effort of writing a story together, and I think that's much more enjoyable, rewarding, and fun, when you know the people you write with and can have fun chatting with them about both your plots and everything else.

Discord has become vital to me, and I think that it's nice to have a place where people can chat and still feel like they're part of the community and welcomed even when they haven't been feeling like writing or have been too busy to do so. I love building communities!

spacer.png

account avatar and banner by @se_5eeeee

We added Discord to handle all of our OOC content. I'm not sure it helped us. Probably hurt. Before all OOC was done through a cbox on site or OOC boards. So people were already on the site. Easy to transition to posting. Now it is easy to participate lightly with the community. I can almost peg us standing up the Discord to the start of the slow down of the site.

it's been a LOOOONG time since OOC boards have been handy for anything other than advertising or archives unfortunately! We tend to keep all OOC stuff in the discord, and it keeps the forum itself clean of anything spam-like!

hi 👀