What is the most popular genre?

As a noob to online RPG I am curious to understand what is popular. 

I have created a room with Sci-Fi themes as this is what I enjoy however in your experience what is the most popular genre?

Spoiler

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Contributions Mod

@jtferdinandIt really depends on your sphere. The rp world is broken off into different little sections that in one area certain genres do will and other places those same genres don't. 

For a lot of the spheres I see, typically your real life slice of life tend to dominate. Though they also seem to die and be replaced rather easily. The other genre would be supernatural modern fantasy like vampires and what have you.

Harry Potter still seems to dominate the fandom sphere. There are still quite a bit of Marvel and DC sites. Since there's the new Netflix show, I anticipate there will be some new Fallout sites.

Over here Sci-Fi that isn't Star Wars tends not to gain much traction. It can be an uphill battle. I know some hubs where Star Trek sites tend to go to. While Sci-Fi doesn't tend to do well here, that doesn't mean it won't go well for you. The rp world is very fragmented.

Hope that helps you.

real life, slice of slice, is very popular i see one probably once a day.

as said above Harry Potter is always popping

and then the supernatural sites are around too with small towns

DC/Marvel is around too mostly just a mix and maybe a few individual of the genre pop up