Allowing AI Art?

I know AI 'artwork' is a big discussion and what not as well as the whole AI face swapping topic being thrown in. I'm just wondering how common this is if anything. I've been on sites and ran a few that allow for AI art. Mainly since I ran or join groups that allow for non human species or some kind of power or something. Example being something like I joined a Witcher based group that didn't allow AI art although some members were trying to push for it as they used things like Midjourney to create images that they face swapped their character's face claim onto so they and immersive graphics and not someone in a medieval fantasy setting but all their pictures are them in modern clothing and times.

Or the flip side. I was in a Mass Effect one where they did allow AI art and we had realistic looking avatars for Korgan, Asari, or their human characters using their powers etc etc. 

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, I'm heavily against AI art on my site because of how it functions. In order for that art to be generated, the AI models are fed existing art from artists all over the internet without the consent, which equates to theft of their artwork. Being aware of that, AI art makes me uncomfortable, especially since my site uses illustrated/animanga face claims and we encourage crediting artists.

Not only that, but I find AI to be a bit of a slippery slope? I've seen people use AI to generate RP posts, which means that the writing of the person they're replying to is  fed to the "generator", and that makes me incredibly uncomfortable as well, as a writer. I know of whole RP sites that have been AI generated. At that point, I question if that matches what this hobby is to me, which is a collaborative writing effort with other people.

If others are more okay with things like those on their own sites, that's alright, everyone is welcome to do whatever they want, but when it comes to my site, I'd rather see the writing and artwork of people who put their passion, time, and effort into such 💖

spacer.png

account avatar and banner by @se_5eeeee