Greetings!

Guest Lumi

Just wanted to dip my head in and say hello to everyone before I head off to bed! I'm Sunbear, and I've been roleplaying and writing for the better part of twenty years now. Writing has been my number one passion since I first discovered it, and for many years, shared space with reading. I now do more writing than I do reading, but I'm trying to change that, even through the use of ebooks. I'm usually a quiet little potato, and terrible at these introductory posts, so this is pretty much all I'm going to pump out. I look forward to meeting others here, and I hope you all have a wonderful day!

• How long have you been RPing?: Off and on for about twenty years.
  • What are your favorite RP genres?: Sci-fi and fantasy, Dragonriders of Pern, historical, real life... I like them all!
  • How do you like to RP (Forum, chat, email)?: Prefer forum, though in the past I've done so through chat rooms, IM, and email.
  • What is your favorite book, movie or type of music (or all three)?: Favorite book: the Dragonriders of Pern series, tied with Earthseed. Favorite movie: Dogma. Favorite music: rock.
  • What other interest/Hobbies do you have?: Playing video, computer, and phone games.
  • What's your favorite color?: Green tied with dark blue
  • What's your favorite drink?: Water (I drink A LOT of it)

• Admin

Good to meet you @Sunbear we are certainly glad to have you here on DF! We hope you enjoy us here and can't wait to get to know you better.

What's your favorite sci-fi type setting? I love Dystopias.

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

welcome_pirate_flag.jpg

Welcome aboard, and a bottle of rhum from the pirate captain. Wenches and treasure only for the crewmates!

I am Elena, sailing to you from the Black Sea, and I swear I am not a vampire. (Neither Vlad the Impaler was one...)

I am a fan of historical fiction. What about you? Where are you from? 

4 hours ago, Morrigan said:

Good to meet you @Sunbear we are certainly glad to have you here on DF! We hope you enjoy us here and can't wait to get to know you better.

What's your favorite sci-fi type setting? I love Dystopias.

@Morrigan Thank you for the lovely welcome! When it comes to my favorite sci-fi setting, I'm pretty much a mixed bag, though I like dystopias as well. I've always liked that type of setting, especially ones that are "after Earth", if that makes sense. I'm not big on the dystopia scene, so I'm not exactly sure what is out there these days.

1 hour ago, Elena said:
welcome_pirate_flag.jpg

Welcome aboard, and a bottle of rhum from the pirate captain. Wenches and treasure only for the crewmates!

I am Elena, sailing to you from the Black Sea, and I swear I am not a vampire. (Neither Vlad the Impaler was one...)

I am a fan of historical fiction. What about you? Where are you from? 

@Elena I am always up for some treasure or wenches! I'm from Northern Wisconsin myself where it is very cold and not quite as exciting as being on the sea might be. :) What kind of historical fiction do you like? I enjoy history period, so I'm interested in all kinds myself.

My site is Age of Sail, but I love also Viking Era, Wild West, and many other periods and settings (Renaissance Italy, Precolombian America, Crussades, etc.)

• I read this! 1

(I join and then change my name... I'm an indecisive creature like that. Apologies if there's any confusion as a result!)

The Viking Era is a recent interest of mine and I certainly enjoy learning about the Wild West (there's always something to learn about it, I've found at least). I've always had a fondness for the histories of rulers (English, Irish, Russian, etc), and I also like the Romance of Three Kingdoms period of China. As I said though, history as a whole just fascinates me.

BTW, I think it's wonderful that your site has been going for as long as it has. Mind if I ask you how you've been able to do that?

The short answer is dedication. I guess I am too stubborn to let the site die when my mood falls into pessimism. I know I love the story we are writing, so even with disappointments, I am going forward... The show must go on! Well, story...

• I read this! 1