Hi, I'm new

CovertSphinx

Hi Everyone, I'm CovertSphinx, usually everyone shortens it to Covert. I found this place off of Red Wing Directories, and after lurking for a little bit checking all the corners this seemed like a pretty good place to hang out for a little while. I've been RPing forums for....ooh. 12-13 years now. Been Admin of 4 boards, one of them running over 10 years. It's what saved my English composition grade back in Middle School/High School and currently a "creative outlet" hobby. I've RPed several different genres, some short post some long. Lately I've been sticking with the same 3-4-5 long-term RP friends, but I'm looking to branch out a little once again.

Unfortunately my Real Life time constraints some times keep me away for a few days at a clip; I'm a Funeral Director full time, and its not exactly a standard 9-5. Other than RPing, I'm a casual PC gamer, lately been sticking to: Don't Starve/Together, Star Wars Old Republic, (other half drags me on Rainbow 6 Siege), Guild Wars 2, and have my copy of The Division Pre-Ordered.

OnyxSiggy1.jpg.c76f2c1acc64a865bdf5164f4c085020.jpg

welcome_pirate_flag.jpg

Welcome aboard, and a bottle of rhum from the pirate captain. Wenches and treasure only for the crewmates!

I am Elena, sailing to you from the Black Sea, and I swear I am not a vampire. (Neither Vlad the Impaler was one...)

I am a fan of historical fiction. What about you? Where are you from?  And wow to being a funeral director, it is impressive and it needs cold blood and lots of organisation skills... <3

• Admin
1 hour ago, CovertSphinx said:

Don't Starve

I totes play Don't Starve! That game is awesome!!

Welcome to DF! We are certainly glad you found us and hope you enjoy your stay here!

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

3 hours ago, Elena said:

I am a fan of historical fiction. What about you? Where are you from?  And wow to being a funeral director, it is impressive and it needs cold blood and lots of organisation skills... <3

Internet Rum is fine by me! I tried historical fiction once, but the site pretty much died before I was able to get comfortable enough to try a larger place. The Dante Club by Matthew Pearl was one of my fav books in HS but its not a genre I've traditionally pursued overall. But I do like it.

I also hail from the state of New York. As you guys will probably see me eventually typing in my local accent in the near future.

3 hours ago, Morrigan said:

I totes play Don't Starve! That game is awesome!!

The hubby and I have been playing the Beta for the multiplayer; We can't even make it to winter! It's so difficult but I love it.

• I read this! 2

OnyxSiggy1.jpg.c76f2c1acc64a865bdf5164f4c085020.jpg

• Admin

It's a good game. It's one I play with my kids.

I think that the Monster Loves you Game is a ton of fun too.

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

So another American! We have a bunch too. And some Europeans as well.

I haven't read the Dante Club. I can say that in the field of historical fiction I like Sir Walter Scott, Raphael Sabbattini, Alexandre Dumas, Victor Hugo, Paul Feval, Karl May, Fenimore Cooper, Zane Grey, Marion Zimmer-Bradley and some others. I'd add Mark Twain and William Faulkner too.

• I read this! 1