Back after a very long absence...

mairead

Hey all! 

My name is Mairead, and I used to be on this forum almost two years ago.  I had to take a long (long break) from RPG for a while, but I'm back now and looking to make new friends - and hopefully join some rps at the same time.  I love lots of different roleplaying, but especially multi fandom and historical roleplays (I think the greek rps and roman ones are probably the favourites of mine that I have done in the past!).  

I am WAY too addicted to coffee and tea, and I'm currently writing a historical fiction novel.   I'm ocd about my living space and sleeping space, but my kitchen is nearly always filled with teacups!  

Apologies for the terrible intro, I have never been good at these things!! 

• I read this! 3

I'm not sure what terrible intro you're talking about as this one is lovely! Sad to say that I wasn't around a couple years ago to know you personally, but I'm happy to see another face around this forum, returning or otherwise!

If I might ask: what area of history are you basing your novel around? Does it align with your like of Greek and Roman RPs, or is it another time period altogether?

Looking forward to seeing you around!

• I read this! 2

Hi there, AKNyx, 

Awww thank-you!  hehe I'm always a bit self conscious about my intros as I feel I'm clumsy but I'm glad you liked it! (-: 

Of course you can!  Its based in 1946 during the Second World War and focuses on three different soldiers from that era.  VERY different from my love of Roman and Greek Rp, but I've been curious about the lives of the ordinary soldier for years and finally decided to write my own book! 

What kind of things do you like? I'm always interested to find out what other people like and do :-) 

Great to meet you! 

• I read this! 2

• Admin

Hey @mairead!

Welcome back! We are certainly glad to see you back around! The book sounds cool! Perhaps you can post snippets in the writing area so we can get a taste of it! ;)

I agree with @AKNyx the intro was great!

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

welcome_pirate_flag.jpg

Welcome aboard, and a bottle of rhum from the pirate captain for a historical fiction-lover fellow! Wenches and treasure only for the crewmates, though ;)

I am Elena, sailing to you from the Black Sea, and I swear I am not a vampire. (Neither Vlad the Impaler was one...). I think I remember you from when you were here. And I think a second world war story is interesting too, even if my preferences are a little before it ;)

@Morrigan: Hey!  Thank-you so much :-) Ooo I hadn't thought of that! I'm halfway through my first edit, but once it's done I shall definitely do that! I'd love to get some thoughts on what people think :-) 

p.s - I LOVE your two sigs... the flying pants club one makes me laugh (no idea what it's about but it made me laugh!)

@Elena: Ey'up, Cap'in! Tippin' my hat to y'!   I much prefer people who arent vampires :-) so that's fine by me!  (Ahh, Vlad, so misunderstood.... ).  Ooo where do your preferences lay, may I ask? I'm always intregued as to where other people find interesting historically!

• I read this! 1