Ahoy!

Castle

Hey there! My real name is Jess, but I'm known in the boards2go RP community and on DeviantArt as Castle!

A little about me offline - I hold a Bachelor of Science in Animal Science, which is a very expensive piece of paper that I sometimes doubt the value of. >_< For the past 4 years I haven't lived in one place for longer than 6 months. I'm originally from Minnesota (where I am for the moment), but since 2012 I've lived in Kentucky, Australia, New Zealand, Montana, back to New Zealand, and Germany. Right now I'm researching and applying for positions in Asia, Europe, and Canada so hopefully I will be on the move again soon!

I work with horses for a living; for the most part I handle yearling thoroughbreds in preparation for major national sales. Its how I've done as much traveling as I have in the past four years. I've never owned my own horse, but I do have a grumpy old calico cat named Chocolate. She's 16 years old. Even though I work with and love horses, for whatever reason I find it nearly impossible to RP them! 

Instead, I stick mostly to canines. I started roleplaying more than 16 years ago, though I am not entirely sure where or when I started. Initially I did play horses for a short spell before switching over to wolves up until 2004, when I switched to dogs. For the next 5 years I played feral dogs until the game I was on closed in 20011. I took a break, then started writing deer that summer to transition back into writing. But shortly thereafter I discovered a wolf rpg, and I've been on that game for 5 years now! I've recently joined a second game, and opened my own as well.

I RP strictly on boards2go based games, which I don't think there are many of posted here, and I'm actually really keen to develop some tutorials on how to RP on boards2go!

Well, now that I've rambled on and on about myself, I hope its enough to get the conversation going! 

Other RPGs I support:
ypmTeWx.png wvEkwVX.png

• Admin

Can't wait to see your tutorials for boads2go! Welcome to the Initiative! We are really glad to have you.

Interesting that you can't RP horses even though you experience them and their mannerisms regularly but I think since RP is an escape it makes quite a bit of sense.

Enjoy your stay!

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Haha yeah, one would think it would be relatively easy for me to write horses since I know so much about them, but I just can't get into it! I think you're right thought; RPing is a break from the real world and my daily real life usually includes dealing with horses! xD

Hopefully I can figure out a good way to build a tutorial for boards2go that isn't overly focused on my own game, as I'd like it to be cross-genre applicable!

• I read this! 1

Other RPGs I support:
ypmTeWx.png wvEkwVX.png

welcome_pirate_flag.jpg

Welcome aboard, and a bottle of rhum from the pirate captain! Wenches and treasure only for the crewmates, though ;)

I am Elena, sailing to you from the Black Sea, and I swear I am not a vampire. (Neither Vlad the Impaler was one...).

Why do you like more boards2go than regular forums? Because on those you can't read the whole thread in a flow like you do here; it's arborescent and you have to go through each post separately. I saw it because I had some boards2go affiliates in the past, and I was a member of RPGConference, which had both regular forums and boards2go.

@Elena thanks for the welcome!

I prefer boards2go because of the total freedom with HTML and CSS for threads, and complete customization of the way the site appears. There are no limits like there are with most forums. I also don't really mind that each post is separate within a thread rather in in a single flow like on forums. Probably because its what I've always used so it doesn't bother me. Its not really that big of a deal to just have to click the next link to read a reply.

• I read this! 1

Other RPGs I support:
ypmTeWx.png wvEkwVX.png

I can;t code at all, so all those don't impress me. The ease of reading like a book matters more to me :)

Coding is like my favorite hobby so its of importance to me. This is a gallery of many of the codes I have written: http://castlegraphics.deviantart.com/gallery/55194394/HTML

And as far as reading like a book...I guess clicking a link is like turning a page for me. :P

• I read this! 1

Other RPGs I support:
ypmTeWx.png wvEkwVX.png

Hey Jess, Welcome on RPGI. I have never heard of boards2go before and I am looking forward to reading a guide from you about it! 

I love horses myself, sadly I have not been able to ride for the last couple years but I hope to eventually get back into it.  I hope you enjoy your time here and if you have any questions or need help please let me know!