newbie greetings

After lurking and poking around a bit, it's well nigh time to say hello and introduce myself. I am slytherinwitch or Linda, either is fine by me. I've been role-playing for about 10+ years, having got into it around the time that Order of the Phoenix, the 5th book in the Harry Potter series, came out. I've only ever really role-played on Yahoo groups, but as those begin their inevitable withering away, I've begun to branch out and look for other venues.

My fandom of choice is still Harry Potter. I prefer games set in either Harry's 6th or 7th year, but also have a keen interest in Next Gen games, or games set in the time when the children of Harry and friends are at school. As canon gives very little information on that time frame, it's wide open to interpretation and I love the possibilities of exploring that as well as using loopholes in canon to lay open side roads and possible scenarios for role-play. I like writing out the development and how characters change over time, rather than jumping from one climax to another. Not that there's anything wrong with doing that.

Other interests include baking, reading, learning foreign languages and just learning in general, sometimes doing online classes in a variety of subjects, even though my job schedule rarely leaves much in the way of free time. So long as I can go at my own pace, it's all good. I may not be all work and no play, but I come pretty close to that (not by choice). The escapism and fun of writing and plotting out possibilities is something I feel very passionate about and hope to continue in some form.

• Admin

Welcome to the site @slytherinwitch we are certainly glad to have you! Really glad for you to post an intro! Harry Potter is a great expansive genre to work in and I know there are plenty of fellow RPers that enjoy it too.

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

Hey @slytherinwitch Welcome on board! 

I got into roleplay through Harry Potter as well about 10 years ago (if not longer). A lot of people I have met over the years have played Harry Potter at some point. I personally prefer the next gen era or at least when Harry and his friends are no longer in school. I absolutely adore the Harry Potter world and love exploring with my OC's even if it has been awhile since I last did a HP rp

If you have any questions or run into any issues please let me know by tagging me or sending me a pm! 

• I read this! 1

welcome_pirate_flag.jpg

Welcome aboard, and a bottle of rhum from the pirate captain! Wenches and treasure only for the crewmates, though ;)

I am Elena, sailing to you from the Black Sea, and I swear I am not a vampire. (Neither Vlad the Impaler was one...).