Oddest Power WTFery

txernest

• 4 weeks later...

- Petite girl with huge cyborg metal tail, which had four pistols inbuilt into it, and a flamethrower. Might work in anime, but we were a realism site. This tail was about eight feet long and would weigh a tonne, yet apparently 'increases sneak ability'. Yeah, nothing says sneak like a huge tail knocking into everything.

- Character in their 90's fighting in the front lines of a war. Serving actively as a spy after that. Universe was sci fi but lore stated that old age was the same, there was no miracle pill. When I raised the issue they shot back that I was being discriminatory because of age. Well...maybe. But the way they wrote it was someone in their 90's down in the trenches leading the charge. The rest of the app was typical overpowered nonsense too, but I could talk all day about it, so I'll end it there.

I'd say both examples are just examples of Mary Sue characters, the powers just happen to be a small part of the apps which were entirely overpowered and bad.

On the other hand, always willing to let some oddball concept through if the character is reasonable, attention to the setting is given, and there's no potential for turning a thread into a Dragon Ball Z tribute. :)

• I read this! 4