I'm so tired of...

Morrigan

I'm so tired of drama in general.

I'm so tired of people getting upset when I don't reciprocate a ship. 

I'm so tired of seeing members creating the same character in five different ways. 

I'm so tired of seeing the same face claims used over and over again.

:| 

• Love 1
  • Preach it! 3

Ad.png

I'm so tired of backend drama. Why does everyone feel the need to vent to me? I like to seem friendly to people, but honestly, sometimes all you get is their negativity.

it does give you insight about a person though

• Like 1
  • Preach it! 1

Guest TheHales
On 3/1/2018 at 10:53 PM, eleholly said:

I'm so tired of seeing members creating the same character in five different ways. 

:| 

OMG, this one. I think this is my greatest annoyance at the moment because sooo many people do this, and I just facepalm so hard.

Also, I'm tired of people who take forever to make a character but always seem to be around and talking about their character. No questions, no help fitting them into the setting, just . . . talking. Aren't you ready to play them instead of just tell me about them?

These two are 100% on me.

1. When I keep eyeing a wanted ad and not making it, and then when I finally make up my mind, it's been taken;

2. Suggested/required play bys. I know, it's silly as hell, but I see a lot of wanted ads, but the second I see 'suggested play by', my interest flies out the window. 

I'm basically the worst nightmare of anyone with a wanted ad to be taken. >.<

Shady McShaderson

20 hours ago, Jacob said:

Political correctness, if that's the right term?  I'm a very transparent man.  Whenever I introduce bygone ideas, most people misunderstand.  Good grief, the world is askew.

I find that some people who are easily offended just act like it because they like to be in the middle of drama/or use it as a way of putting a writer they don't like down.

• Agree 2

7 hours ago, Stormwolfe said:

This is me too! If I am going to have to police every single word I write for who it might or might not offend, barring purposely setting out to hurt people, why bother? In the end, those looking to be offended by absolutely everything and anything will be.

To both you and @Icewolf, yes!  I have one leg in the historical community and the other in the fantasy.  Blending those elements is now impossible without others misreading.  Ugh.

Edited by Jacob
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

All that PC stuff up there, I'm with ya! I'm pretty non-pc and my liberal writers put up with me so well.

So, to contribute to the topic...

I'm so tired of feeling like I don't do enough.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you 1

300x80AdBanner.png

home sweet home.

18th century British India rp. Jcink premium.

be geeky with me!

I am liberal but even I can get tired of "PC" as well.

Something that's been eating me for a while: when people push to re-write history to an exaggerated level. Stuff like diversity in certain historical European societies. And I am also saying this as someone who is also black too.

Before someone misunderstands me: there was diversity historically due to travel and trade between regions. People of the past deserve more credit. Even where I live in northern Europe, there is archaeological and genetic evidence of racial/cultural diversity. Things like these still challenges that "all white Europe." Even for myself, on my Nordic/Russian side, there were traces of Middle-Eastern DNA when we had that ancestry test.

But diversity was not like today with air travel. You can't just inject whatever you feel like into someone else's culture or history, that isn't respectful. It also fiddles with non-European history in a way... if you're calling for 'diversity', why is it as if non-European history cannot be interesting without inserting into Europe? Why is non-European history only good as a side-dish but not a main course? 

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

CONTEXT: 

In my house, everyone is aware of one major rules when it comes to me. My toddlers have learned this rules quickly and abide by it well enough. 

"Nothing before coffee"

Unless someone is broken, bloody, or dying, do not expect anything out of me that I can't do on autopilot. No coherent conversation, no question, no requests, no whining. Once I've had my coffee, then I can perform my daily miracles. 

There is a similar unwritten/unspoken rule on site. I may lurk when I first wake up out of habit to give myself a heads up on if there's any rush to get on. If not, I take my time and might enjoy a second cup of coffee. When I mention I've had coffee or I have the coffee emoji up, then people can come to me with site* problems. I'll get right to work and everything will be running smoothly in no time. 

So when I say I'm so tired of some people not abiding by this and sending me b*_chy whiny complaints while I'm asleep or with my family. More so when it's nothing I can do because it's not my problem. You have a member bothering you? I got you. A code is broken? Fixed. There was a mistake made because I was half-asleep last night/distracted by kids? My bad, let me get that straighten up for you. But do not come to me with that aggressive attitude and expect me not to throw it back in your face.  Especially, if in the past you've mentioned being a staff member and complaining about how members/guests used to treat you and how you understand, then turn around and do the same crap to me. I'm tired of it. I'm polite, but I'm not a saint and I've not had my magical elixir. 

/rant

• Agree 2
  • Preach it! 2

poke_clash2.png

vPhN5b.png                      

A supernatural fantasy about spirit animals set in Somerset, Pennsylvania

6 hours ago, Shades said:

...people who just spit out their random ad on requests without checking if their site is a fit. 

Or worse, people who know the site is not a fit because they have read my ad and their site fits the 'things I don't want' list, and still advertise anyway. If you have to use the words we're this thing you don't want, but on your reply, maybe don't post it?

And last... people who randomly DM me to advertise their site, and then insist I join even though I say I'm not interested/not a fit for this site/don't play this genre.

Dear fellow site owners. I know you want more members to your site. I do, too. But by doing those things above, you're just making a bad PR move. Trust me.

BRB PMing you like 14 links to sites you've never once expressed interest in.

• Fuck Yeah! 1
  • Love 2
  • LOL 1

2 minutes ago, Rune said:

BRB PMing you like 14 links to sites you've never once expressed interest in.

13, please, it's my favorite number. TY <3

Shady McShaderson