Does your character have pets?

Dragon

Kalani, my former Chinese soldier, would love to have a pet/companion, but as he travels, he doesn't want to have the responsibility of having to stop and take care of one. He always wanted a tarantula ever since he was 10, but his parents wouldn't let him own one. He would have named the spider Levi, which is his favorite name.

Tudori owns a poison dart frog named Solomon.

Arcanum McAdams owns a Shih Tzu named Gabrielle.

Molly Cranston owns a ferret named Whirley Gigs.

Niasma

• 2 weeks later...

Kia has a pooka horse. Very intelligent- once pissed in a row boat holding a king...I think that counts

• LOL 1

623de32ccbe3e666561967.png

My oldest character (in the years i've been playing her) has owned a black newfoundland. Recently she's also gotten her hands on an American bull dog.

spacer.png

On 10/28/2020 at 1:39 PM, jordan said:

My oldest character (in the years i've been playing her) has owned a black newfoundland. Recently she's also gotten her hands on an American bull dog.

My English Bulldog has gotten her hands on a young American witch. She's a little skittish and she might need to get neutered but she is very loving. Gives good cuddles. 

spacer.png

I have a character in Ancient Greece who suffers from seizures and has a therapy dog...though that's not what he's called... he's just very intuitive.  

yi1tXyG.jpg

spacer.png

• 3 months later...

Some do and some don't. 

It has always depended, I have had one that was something a cat lady but with dogs and while it was amusing there could be times when the pets were hard to keep track of, which... actually made it fun. As the character was rather scattered brained and a habit of muddling up the names really added a fun element. 

• Like 1

I have a minotaur with agoraphobia. He hates being outside in the open air. His girlfriend recommended he get a pet as part of his training to deal with anxiety (without eating the source) and then suggested a rescue. To be extra humane. (She is too good for this world)

He adopted Burp.

https://i.imgur.com/gZmC2Cr.jpg

Burp's a ten year old pug that was given up by his family because they didn't want the kids to go through him dying. So now the little fellow rides around in a mesh bag on the minotaurs hip eating scraps. But, Burp came with a complication. While he was at the rescue they brought in a six month old puppy. The puppy had bitten a man who tried to grab its owner and the family gave him up because they couldn't handle the insurance. 

The two dogs had bonded and their howling sadness made the minotaur decide to get the puppy.

Bujo 

https://i.imgur.com/jTikp1G.jpg

Bujo thinks that Burp is the source of all love on the planet. Though now that he's older he's transferring a good part of that affection to the minotaurs girlfriend. He still thinks he's a puppy despite being huge. But he loves all the bones he gets to gnaw on.

So yeah, my minotaur has his puppies, Bujo and Burp. Best therapy dogs ever. 

Edited by Bolgron
  • Like 1

spacer.png

I'm having a lot of fun with pets at the moment. Grace, my 11 year old student character has a pet beagle who is her everything. I had a lot of fun bringing him along to threads to wreak some unexpected havoc 🙂 

stubbybanner.png.e4759f47b79305430527a983448ebbff.png

🜂 Home 🜂 Rules 🜂 New Player Guide 🜂 Plot 🜂 Classifieds 🜂 Discord 🜂

The most interesting pet a character of mine has had was Peppered Moth. It belonged to my wizard and she would have him sit on the brim of her hat as an ornament. she would also whisper to him telling him what she thought of their party. It was a good time.

I have a character who always has a cat named cosmic .... bedknobs and broomstick reference lol

spacer.png

Normal dogs or cats, possibly the occasional parrot or rabbit, maybe a mouse or snake.

Only a handful of mine have pets. Normally it's a dog or cat... but one of mine does have "pet" bees.  Don't remember how it came to be but yeah... bees. 🐝👍

#New bar ad.png

Looking at my most recent characters (that I've been RPing close to 2 years)... one had pets 'back home' and another had a familiar that was a raven. Not quite a pet, but still!

behemoth