FaceClaims/Playbys and Character Death

Dragon

It has been a really long time since I considered this. I think it really depends on the site I suppose? It has honestly been at least ... five years since I was on a site that did that. But then, it was a show fandom rpg. It had just made sense for that site. But say, I would not do the same today for my other fandom rp (dragon age games) - I just go with if someone leaves/character dies and they do not do posts on that account any longer. The face can open up. But we also do allow for past/au so in technicality someone could keep a deceased character active and thus have rights to the face.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Yeah I think it's weird to permanently take face claims out of rotation for people to use just because someone left the site or a character died. Especially if someone new is joining and would very much like to use that claim!

Some admins use their abilities to perma-claim FC's just to hold them and never make them and that IRKS ME TO NO END!!! Create the character ASAP or leave the claim open for someone else to take!

hi 👀

For me, it depends on the player.  If someone came in, made a character then never played them, we release them pretty quickly after they've dropped off.  For someone who played for awhile and were a good member of the community, we'll hold onto the claim and character for quite awhile, in case they come back.

shadows.png.6876924961e032f5c681ba9f11df2adf.png

Discord    |    Masked in Shadows    |    Join