How do you like to see groups?

Morrigan

• Admin

So roleplays tend to have groups to give characters colors etc to identify them. Depending on the roleplay depends on how the groups are formulated.

My curiosity is, how do you like the groups to be.

• Some roleplays group by Race (most common in Suernatural or multi-race/species sites)
  • Some roleplays group by actual groups (Coven 1, Pack 1 etc)
  • Some roleplays just group it by active and inactive players.

How do you like to see it?

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most sites I have been on or seen have grouped by actual groups (student, teacher, citizen, etc.). For the most part, I feel like this is the easiest way to do it. I would be curious to see how others maybe group their members if it's not by a specific grouping such as was mentioned!

• 2 weeks later...

I personally find it easier to group by group allegiance as its easier to identify who is going to be in the same group as you that way! Very similar to point number 2 basically. I don't think I've personally ever encountered a roleplay that hasn't done it this way. 

• 3 weeks later...

Group allegiance, to be useful for the newcomers during the story and with plotting.

• 2 weeks later...

it depends on the genre, if its fantasy based then by species, but if its something with bigger groups or more identifiable groups such as student, teacher, etc i can do that too. if there are multiple schools then id group it by school instead. 

• 1 month later...

Our member groups are only to delineate active/inactive and admins. I've been on sites that use the in-character groups and find it pretty fun. I've toyed with the idea of allowing members to choose a group or color, just to get to choose a color. :]

Allegiance (when applicable) or profession! Personally I find it that this makes it easier for members to find characters that they can easily build plots with — especially in settings like universities where you have student characters, faculty, etc. and if the site has member list filtering in its directory! I'm not a big fan of sites having too many member groups since the amount of different colours overwhelms me, so I like it when it's kept nice and simple c':

spacer.png

account avatar and banner by @se_5eeeee

It really will depend on the site. That said, on our site we have a color for each faction and then a color for "race" for lack of a better word. Normal humans have a color, mutants have a color, adapteds (humans who have a mutant power nullifying aura) have a color, and then mystics have a color. 

Faction trumps race for what color their name is.