A roleplayers peeve moments

Amelia

That is very true, some people automatically assume that you know what they mean. That you can sense the fact that they are upset with you and through mind waves they are communicating their expectations. 

• I read this! 2

When your partner is picky, controlling, uptight and inflexible to even very minor things you insert into a thread.

Bonus points when you started the thread, it's your plot idea, and it is advertised as having no grand plan, just however they reach the outcome is that.

Just for reference I fully agree huge sweeping surprises aren't always fun, sometimes your character would not realistically stick around for them or they derail the entire point of the thread. But I'm not referring to those, I'm referring to taking some initiative in adding something interest to the setup of a battle scene, or adding a little amusing exchange with NPCs. Apparently some control freaks don't want input at all, which is surprising. I didn't think there was anything worse than a passive, passionless writing partner who brings nothing to the table.

• I read this! 3

One of my worst pet peeves are the players that nit-pick - yes, we planned a scene but does it have to go EXACTLY like we planned reaction wise?  That is MY character so if I feel like they might do this then go with it. 

Players that have plots with you, fall off the face of the earth for a while, then come back and start demanding threads with you to catch up.  I can't help it YOU were too busy to post, but there are times when I am TOO busy as well so please, don't just think about yourself.

The players that take in-game plots personally, as if since it is happening to their character it is happening to them.  It is a game, much like a book, and things happen. Learn to take it in stride and grow your character with it. 

• I read this! 5

Reign Over Me

Medieval Human RPG/Proboards

Plenty of Noble positions available and plot driven!

N0Qhnsj.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

button4_zpsyb53wxeh.png

Canis

Wolf RPG Set 16000 years in the past

People who plot with you and then when someone/something better comes along just abandon the plans you had with them.

Players who beg you for a thread, but then you post for them and they take ages to reply.

I also really dislike it when players mimic/copy my habits and style. For example, copying the subjects that I use for OOC posts, the style of my signatures for in character notes, the way that I make notations on a board, etc. They're just little things, but they're the way I individualize myself and for someone to copy that really annoys me.

Something that really drives me nuts is when a player is involved in a challenge/fight/duel that carries importance, but they make it their last priority and drag it out. For me, when I'm involved in any in character fight, that takes presidence over any other thread going on. I do understand sometimes muse just isn't there, but then when you're writing that character to someone else instead of to the fight, that grinds my gears. xD

• I read this! 3

Other RPGs I support:
ypmTeWx.png wvEkwVX.png

When I see titles like: 'The boy who cried wolf' Instead of 'The Boy Who Cried Wolf', it bothers me.

I can't explain it. It just does ._. 

• I read this! 1

1 hour ago, Sil said:

When I see titles like: 'The boy who cried wolf' Instead of 'The Boy Who Cried Wolf', it bothers me.

I can't explain it. It just does ._. 

Camel case for titles, always!

Apparently this is a major low importance debate over at Wikipedia in regards to article titles. How it's even a debate is amazing to me though.

Emperor468x60.png.b7bb87f952ee0dcc7a97150c6258c8f9.png

Captain Amelia Waterhouse, Commanding Officer

=/\= Join =/\= Roster & Openings =/\= Rules =/\= Chat =/\=

"It is human nature to yearn to be what we were never intended for. It is singular, but it is so." -Mark Twain

On Sunday, 8 May 2016 at 1:12 PM, Alicia said:

Players that have plots with you, fall off the face of the earth for a while, then come back and start demanding threads with you to catch up.  I can't help it YOU were too busy to post, but there are times when I am TOO busy as well so please, don't just think about yourself.

Yes, take all my likes.

Had this happen all the time with an old yo-yo member who left for a few months due to busy schedule, then returned, and repeat. No problem with that, but more their attitude every time they returned. Returns on a slow day where I'm at work, most other members are sleeping or at uni, etc. Loses their mind and has a meltdown after just a few hours because 'no one will play with me anymore'.

• I read this! 3

On 5/9/2016 at 3:49 PM, Honorem said:

Yes, take all my likes.

Had this happen all the time with an old yo-yo member who left for a few months due to busy schedule, then returned, and repeat. No problem with that, but more their attitude every time they returned. Returns on a slow day where I'm at work, most other members are sleeping or at uni, etc. Loses their mind and has a meltdown after just a few hours because 'no one will play with me anymore'.

It is amazing just HOW many people I see do this.  We all have lives and some places are more rapid fire posting but generally it takes me a good few days - I do things outside of the internet quite often, just as any person does!

• I read this! 2

Reign Over Me

N0Qhnsj.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

button4_zpsyb53wxeh.png

Canis

50 minutes ago, Alicia said:

It is amazing just HOW many people I see do this.  We all have lives and some places are more rapid fire posting but generally it takes me a good few days - I do things outside of the internet quite often, just as any person does!

Absolutely, same boat here. I work full time so there's chunks of time when I'm simply not on. I've had the full set of accusations thrown at me. 'You're hardly ever on!' (actually I'm on every single day for at least a few solid hours, it's just I'm never on when they are so they perceive it as not being on at all).

I think these are just the kinds of people that operate on their own personal time and want everything right now. There's enough of them at my work to want to deal with them in RP land too. xD!

• I read this! 1

1 hour ago, Honorem said:

Absolutely, same boat here. I work full time so there's chunks of time when I'm simply not on. I've had the full set of accusations thrown at me. 'You're hardly ever on!' (actually I'm on every single day for at least a few solid hours, it's just I'm never on when they are so they perceive it as not being on at all).

I think these are just the kinds of people that operate on their own personal time and want everything right now. There'

s enough of them at my work to want to deal with them in RP land too. xD!

Same here!  Not to mention sometimes you enjoy getting on for reading and chatting and simply do not have the muse/energy to post but doesn't mean you can't enjoy your community!

• I read this! 1

Reign Over Me

N0Qhnsj.jpg

button4_zpsyb53wxeh.png

Canis

11 hours ago, Alicia said:

Same here!  Not to mention sometimes you enjoy getting on for reading and chatting and simply do not have the muse/energy to post but doesn't mean you can't enjoy your community!

Absolutely I am not one to post every day and sometimes I just want to sit back and relax. The fact that people expect things instantaneously can be quite annoying and I might take even longer because of it.  

• I read this! 2

Guest Archaic Cyborg
On 13/05/2016 at 8:30 AM, Alicia said:

Liar! Reality is pure fantasy: it doesn't exist. No one has an excuse as to why they can't live on an rp board, 24/7. Who needs to sleep, eat, work, recharge etc, anyway?

/captain sarcasm

I wish more people were more accepting of the fact that people have lives beyond the internet.

On 5/14/2016 at 8:18 AM, Amelia said:

Absolutely I am not one to post every day and sometimes I just want to sit back and relax. The fact that people expect things instantaneously can be quite annoying and I might take even longer because of it.  

On 5/14/2016 at 11:00 PM, Blackjack Bart said:

Liar! Reality is pure fantasy: it doesn't exist. No one has an excuse as to why they can't live on an rp board, 24/7. Who needs to sleep, eat, work, recharge etc, anyway?

/captain sarcasm

I wish more people were more accepting of the fact that people have lives beyond the internet.

Yes, it can be a real muse killer when people are pressuring you to post.  There is nothing like dreading having to reply to a thread!

And I always try to understand that life is a balance and while we all enjoy posting and using our imaginations sometimes we want to do other things or have other obligations.  Some days I just want to play the Witcher series and not get online so I do and I don't try to stress over it!  :D 

• I read this! 3

Reign Over Me

N0Qhnsj.jpg

button4_zpsyb53wxeh.png

Canis

Guest Archaic Cyborg
2 hours ago, Alicia said:

Yes, it can be a real muse killer when people are pressuring you to post.  There is nothing like dreading having to reply to a thread!

And I always try to understand that life is a balance and while we all enjoy posting and using our imaginations sometimes we want to do other things or have other obligations.  Some days I just want to play the Witcher series and not get online so I do and I don't try to stress over it!  :D 

WITCHER WITCHER WITCHEERRRRR /still fighting his way through W3

People are bound to get burned out if they're constantly writing and modding and plotting and writing some more~. Even if something's amazing, you still need a break, lest you get sick of seeing X and start to dread signing into a board or writing a certain character. :V

People who spoil another's experience on that site, and staff who don't do anything to keep members.

If (not from my fault, as I tried to expand my plotting) I had several threads with only 2 people on that site, and with one of them more than with the other by the nature of the setting, if that one leaves the site mid-plot (and mid several threads) they should provide, at least, closure to the plot, even if it would remain on me to finish the threads alone. It was feasible, one damn last post, but not happening. :(

And the administrators... well, they don't actually care. I would have stayed on the site, if I mattered, if someone tried to do something to provide the closure I needed.

On MY SITE, when somebody joins, I send a welcome message, I help them integrate into the story, if someone they had their characters connected to leaves, I contact those left behind, trying to plot to bridge the gaps in a way which makes sense to the story and which creates more plots... Yes, it has happened to me too, that after a love interest or a spouse's writer left, the other writer left too, but not because they didn't have what to do on the site without  that one. It was entirely their choice.

• I read this! 6