That moment when you realize....

Morrigan

• Admin

So I just had an epiphany as I've spoken to a few new players and whatnot on the sites I'm on and I had this moment and I realized that we do not even think on the same PB wavelength let along plotting. So this thread is to express those epiphany moments that you realize something. Whether it's while being a member, talking to members, doing staff stuff. Whatever.

That moment when you realize that you really hate the PBs that the other person suggested but fortunately don't have a romantic ship with them and don't want one.

That moment when you realize that your plot ideas and the other players plot idea are on the same track but going two different directions.

• I read this! 2

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

When you realize that things are headed straight off the proverbial cliff, because the new player you were being nice to, allowing them to tie their character history to yours, doesn't understand boundaries.

• I read this! 3
  • Cheers 1
  • Preach it! 1

Emperor468x60.png.b7bb87f952ee0dcc7a97150c6258c8f9.png

Captain Amelia Waterhouse, Commanding Officer

=/\= Join =/\= Roster & Openings =/\= Rules =/\= Chat =/\=

"It is human nature to yearn to be what we were never intended for. It is singular, but it is so." -Mark Twain

• Admin

That moment when you realize that you give more than you take.

That moment when you realize that you chose to post more with someone else's ship and didn't demand the same in return for a ship you wanted.

• I read this! 2
  • Preach it! 1

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

That moment when you realise a thread has transformed from the original concept, but that's alright because it's still awesome anyway.

That moment when you're writing with a long time RP partner, and you're so used to typing a particular character's name, that you call a completely different character by that in your prose.

That moment when you realise you'd rather deny an app than have Richard Dean Anderson as the face claim of some soviet character. Some things I just cannot wrap my head around and this was one of them! No the member did nothing wrong, but yes I wanted to deny the app.

• I read this! 2

• Admin

That moment when you realize that your RP partner cares more about themselves than being in a fair and equal RP partnership.

• I read this! 2

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

This may be slightly off-topic, but it's mostly in the same field (with writing?)

My friend of 10 years (we started out writing RPs together!) and I decided to turn one of our plots into a novel. Well, we mixed things around, took out some elements, added some new stuff, and kicked a few characters to the curb while introducing new ones. 

One of the main characters (my partner's character) was friendless when we first approached the story 8 years ago. For the novel, I knew it was essential that he have a best friend who has been with him through everything. The friend charcater ended up being an empty shell until, one day, I was listening to "Hamilton" and watching Lin Manuel-Miranda interviews. 

... And that's the story of how I realized that Lin Manuel-Miranda became a PB for a novel character o_o

(But for real, LMM gave this otherwise empty character life)

• I read this! 2
  • Love 1

You can't have plants if you haven't botany.

On 11/19/2016 at 11:44 PM, Honorem said:

That moment when you realise you'd rather deny an app than have Richard Dean Anderson as the face claim of some soviet character. Some things I just cannot wrap my head around and this was one of them! No the member did nothing wrong, but yes I wanted to deny the app.

OMFSM, denying that app is absolutely the right course of action.

Continuing to contribute to the thread now:

That moment when you think you've finally started to see the sorts of reactions your carefully crafted plot was supposed to get, so you plan how to twist the screw further.

• I read this! 2

Emperor468x60.png.b7bb87f952ee0dcc7a97150c6258c8f9.png

Captain Amelia Waterhouse, Commanding Officer

=/\= Join =/\= Roster & Openings =/\= Rules =/\= Chat =/\=

"It is human nature to yearn to be what we were never intended for. It is singular, but it is so." -Mark Twain

• 2 years later...

That moment you realize that you're too invested because you wanna fly across the world to hug or slap someone. Respectively.

• LOL 2

b2vXT2.png

That moment when you realize that stress and tiredness will never get away, and the situation won't be any better, so you will have to head towards finishing the story and ending the site. 9 years had been a good story run. 

• Love 4

That moment where you just hit a wall and want to nap; but life does not allow. *Starts packing another box while working on site ads*

Edited by Libby
english... not my thing.

The past is a place of reference, not residence.

• 2 weeks later...

That moment when you regret making 14 characters and then you get lost trying to keep their personalities and histories apart, all for the sake of attractive activity. Never again.

Courirnu // original small-town rp

That moment when you realize you don't really care anymore, and your DNGAF is starting to show.  (About a ship, a site, someone's opinion of you, anything, really.)

• Fuck Yeah! 3

19 minutes ago, Let-make-nice said:

That moment when you realize you don't really care anymore, and your DNGAF is starting to show.  (About a ship, a site, someone's opinion of you, anything, really.)

Story of my life home-fry. Story. Of. My. Life. 

• Cheers 1