I'm so tired of...

Morrigan

I am tired of people who don't write with each other, and who don't branch out. RPGs are supposed to be collective, social, because otherwise you'd write alone or privately with 1-2 persons...

• I read this! 2
  • Agree 1
  • Preach it! 1

I'm so tired of my own flakiness. Few ideas draw me like they used to, and those that I do get excited about gradually fade away into a big gray lump of 'meh'. These days it's not so much a lack of interesting roleplays that prevents me from joining new sites, it's the knowledge that I'm going to disappoint someone when I eventually fade away.

• Preach it! 1

I am so tired of one-up-man-ship... People trying to get ahead at the expense of others. And the drama that comes from low self-esteem or no self-esteem and attempting to put the blame where blame don't need to go.

• I read this! 4

“Write something to suit everybody and scarcely anyone will care for it;

Write something to suit yourself and many people will like it.”

Playerfiles_88x31_icon1.png   

My Personal Site for Roleplaying

gif_LRS_series_88x31.gif ~ 88x31_CdM_RPG_Logo1.jpg ~ sohp_button1_88x31.gif

All three (3) are unique, and inclusive Play-by-Post (P-b-P), 18+, roleplaying communities on Jcink Premium dedicated to the ahistorical fiction of the French Empire during the Napoleonic Era, the Old West Wyoming Territory circa 1872, and the Venetian Empire in the 16th century.  Our emphasis is on welcoming a diverse group of participants, regardless of their background or experience level, with the intent to foster a friendly and enjoyable roleplaying environment by considering ourselves a “work-favorable” group with a "hobby-based" approach to RP with No Word Counts, No Activity Checks, and Easy Applications (or IC Account Profiles). And we encourage members to create diverse characters from different backgrounds, cultures, and social status, enabling a rich and dynamic storytelling environment. ((Our ahistorical fiction forums, are where we deviate from history, even to the disregard of historical facts; with our way being contrary to the perceived idea that the historical genre is non-inclusive and limiting to minority groups and women. ))

I think I've said it before but I'll say it again because goddamn. I'm so sick and tired of the "my muse won't cooperate" or "*sigh* I have no muse" or "Someone kick my muse into gear for me". Basically when someone doesn't want to write and blames it on their "muse". Go suck an egg. 

• I read this! 2
  • Preach it! 4

I'm so tired of other people who contact your plotter, then never commit to that thread they promised. I mean, come on, dude! YOU pounced. Where did you go? D: so disheartening when you're the new player.. it feels likes small talk.

• I read this! 1

• 1 month later...

I'm so tired of people trying to change your board and lore to fit their special snowflake.

• I read this! 2
  • Agree 1

rpgi-sig.png

+ :: c o m i n g  s o o n  :: +

@Rune, I do it if I don't receive any reply, because I have no confidence the message was seen and understood. (Once I did it because I didn't understand there was a reply for me, since it wasn't done using my words and I didn't know that slang expression).

I am so tired of being ignored...

Edited by Elena
  • I read this! 1

10 hours ago, Elena said:

@Rune, I do it if I don't receive any reply, because I have no confidence the message was seen and understood. (Once I did it because I didn't understand there was a reply for me, since it wasn't done using my words and I didn't know that slang expression).

I am so tired of being ignored...

My particular complaint is when it isn't anything relevant. Most recently it's one individual repeatedly announcing that they need to get started on Christmas shopping... They've said it multiple times and it got responded to the first time and if now just a broken record.

If it's trying to get an answer or whatever, repeat to your heart's content!

• I read this! 1

...of players saying, "I don't have anything in mind, but if you want to write something, my characters are free."

I seriously dislike contacting someone about a scene (threads I guess is the normal term) unless I have a good idea of what I want it to be about, a goal to accomplish - like moving the characters forward in a relationship of some type - and an ending (was the goal accomplished, are they now better friends or implacable enemies). I hate being asked if I want to write something! Well, yes! I'm on an RPG site so obviously I want to write something.

Just please contact me with an idea of why you want to involve your character in a thread with mine. I'm usually amenable and will help flesh out ideas. Just tired of being expected to do all the heavy lifting!

/end rant LOL

• I read this! 2
  • Agree 1
  • Preach it! 2

Someone somewhere went to sleep and dreamed us all alive.
Dreams get pushed around a lot, and I doubt if we'll survive.
We won't get to wake up, dreams were born to disappear.
And I'm pretty sure that none of us are here.
~ None of Us Here by Jim Stafford ~

sagas-button1.png.467e9214ee1a2d2a24c0030301948c27.png 

RPG-Initiative

*your one-stop RPG resource site!

I am guilty of that. I usually try to follow up with brainstorming. 

On that note... When you throw ideas at someone and they give vague useless responses.  "Whatever." 

Maybe try helping? I already want to end our thread and it hasn't even started.

• I read this! 1

I've sometimes found people will want to thread, but don't seem to have any idea on where to start it. It's just a vague 'this character should have a thread with this character'. If they have a rich history for their character, I can usually find some reason why the characters would interact, but when they don't? I have no idea where to start. I get a bit tired of coming up with things. 'There's the want to rp?' request that you get dmed on twitter occasionally, but if they don't have an idea in mind, I can't always come up with something. It's worse if the character in question in an OC.

• I read this! 1

Bonus: they want to rp but also refuse to pick a character they want to rp with and instead just want you to pick someone at random and throw them at someone random off their roster. 

So you just get this "let's thread!" And then get tagged with no clue as to what is happening.

• I read this! 1
  • Preach it! 2