Do you clean up?

Rune

We do an activity check once a month. The requirement for this is ONE post per character within that month. If members fail to do this (say, for one character) that character will be archived (can be brought back later if they like), of course if the AC is missed for all of their characters, their characters & OOC is archived. Their claims (face, victor spots, occupations) are also taken off the claims lists. Further, we archive old announcements and polls that are no longer relevant. We very rarely archive threads. Since we run a hunger games site, we archive the old games, but they have their own separate place :) 

rsz_rsz_new1.png

It is the year of the 125th (Winter) Hunger Games. There is no District Thirteen. The Capitol is in complete control and the rest of Panem must obey.
Index // Rules // Plot // Application // Want Ads // Link Back // Discord

Yes, and we've automized the process.  We archive threads once they've reached a month without replies - members can request that they be "revived" at any time, though.  We also run an activity check twice a month; members must post at least once a month to retain their character(s).  Of course, they're free to rejoin at any time as well.

Souls_400x100_01.jpg

'souls | no wc | character-driven | werecanines | open & active since 2001!

I sort of clean up. Yes, we have archive sections. Part of the clean includes editing the first post of a thread to add the sequence number to it. This forces the forum to place the story threads in order by the numbers. Doing this helps me archive off the forums, which I might be the only one or among a small group, who do this- placing the stories on static web pages, getting them off the forums. This is great practice for writers who want to improve their editing skills.

What we don't do are activity checks. To us, this is a counter measure of our Golden Rule, IRL before RPG.

Reality comes before Role Play. I will do an occasional nudge on our group Facebook group asking if they've been following one story or another- but that's about it.

"He who trims himself to suit everyone soon whittles himself away."
- Raymond Hull

17.jpg