Site Shops

Rune

@Thyme I think it ultimately depends on what the shop is used for. The overall feeling I get from this thread is that in general people like "flavor" shops. Stuff that adds to the RP without stepping on creative toes RP-wise

• I read this! 1

OnyxSiggy1.jpg.c76f2c1acc64a865bdf5164f4c085020.jpg

@Thyme the appeal is totally about exclusivity. Like oh I've got the only werewolf on the forum so a: I'm special and b: if you want a werewolf plot or encounter, you have to thread with me. It...definitely has its good and bad qualities, but that mechanic is totally dependent on the type of game you have.

Like, you can just do a filler character to gather points to get the character you really want, but is it worth the effort? If you just want to play a werewolf then...go play a werewolf elsewhere. Saving up to buy a special character helps me understand the world and the lore better, and how I want that character to fit into it. Idk, it makes me planthem beter. It makes me more serious about this character I want to buy, and less likely to give up once I get bored or real life takes me away. 

• I read this! 3

translunary.gif.5374a61b67b4df1af4bb898e0c039553.gif

a dark, urban fantasy;

inspired by sailor moon

Guest Archaic Cyborg

If I knew how to implement one, I'd.give it a go,in at least one game!  I need teaching.

@Blackjack Bart  Jcink has a system that's built in, the only downside is that unlike the Proboards Plugin one you don't get to see the inventory on the person's mini profile.

OnyxSiggy1.jpg.c76f2c1acc64a865bdf5164f4c085020.jpg

On 11/14/2017 at 11:53 AM, Sage said:

Saving up to buy a special character helps me understand the world and the lore better, and how I want that character to fit into it. Idk, it makes me planthem beter. It makes me more serious about this character I want to buy, and less likely to give up once I get bored or real life takes me away. 

Oh, yeah, this!  You have to take the time and think about how you're going to "use" your character so that you don't feel like you've wasted the opportunity.

• I read this! 2

WoL___dark01.png

Sunny: We have a shop that has tangible prizes (keychains, stickers, etc.) and board baubles (like icons) that don't affect in-game play.  You can buy these with real money or with points, which you can get by using the word of the day from Dictionary.com in your posts (1 post with WotD = 1 point).  It's fun, and gets people excited to post!

We're a canine roleplay, so there are packs with their own games to get points for icons and titles as well.  For example, posting in a pack-wide thread might be 15 points, or something like that.  :)

Souls_400x100_01.jpg

'souls | no wc | character-driven | werecanines | open & active since 2001!

As a member, I don't really care for them at all. I think they distract from the reason we're on the site: to write. IC things can be cool depending on how it's done, but on most websites if you're writing your character as a poor person and post them a lot, you won't be able to really use those, so unless it's an IC credit system... eh.