Raise a little hell!

Ace of Spades

1 hour ago, Rune said:

Well if your JBs friend that means we have to be friends.

I accept all the RP friends! I have also admired the graphics on Cry Wolf so much, it looks just so.... purdy.

oUIk3c.gif

Devil's Tattoo - Clan politics, bikers, urban legends, cougars, wolves, coyotes, badgers and more...

7 minutes ago, Ace of Spades said:

I accept all the RP friends! I have also admired the graphics on Cry Wolf so much, it looks just so.... purdy.

Awww, thank you! I've been quietly admiring yours! XD 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Elena said:

My longest Finnish writing partner taught me to love it :) He is a student in history, from Karelia.

I like also a Russian singer who sings in Finnish (he lives in Finland I understood), in Swedish and Russian equally (he gave me two songs, then I found his Russian songs and I listened one week - Viktor Klimenko I think). The band which has lots of historical-inspired ballads and which I can't spell has its name something like Ajopuut or Ajopuuti, but definitely not exactly like this because I couldn't find the songs anymore. I had been listening to them 1-2 years ago... I guess I'll ask Jouko again, with the risk to die of laughter (he... of my memory...)

Oh yeah, I know Viktor Klimenko! I am not sure if I have heard of Ajopuut, but I think that would be the name of the band, since that makes sense in Finnish. :P Otherwise I would have suggested a band called Ajattara but they are a metal band with some folk influences, but notr really historical-inspired.

I really like that you've taken the time to study such an obscure nationality, though! I've always admired your site, too, it seems so active and inspiring. I wish I would know more about the era and setting, too. Maybe one day I will! :D

• I read this! 1

oUIk3c.gif

Devil's Tattoo - Clan politics, bikers, urban legends, cougars, wolves, coyotes, badgers and more...

Hey there Ace!

I know you too. :)  I have to agree you do make a good complex villain character who has many facets for IC exploration. 

Let the slow burn keep smoldering on!

Welcome to the Initiative.

5a691fb4de413_advertisingbanner_rpginitiativeTS.png.699678f5663abf3c750d133673768a18.png

Plot | Rules | Canons | Wanted | Advertising

6 hours ago, Ace of Spades said:

Oh yeah, I know Viktor Klimenko! I am not sure if I have heard of Ajopuut, but I think that would be the name of the band, since that makes sense in Finnish. :P Otherwise I would have suggested a band called Ajattara but they are a metal band with some folk influences, but notr really historical-inspired.

I really like that you've taken the time to study such an obscure nationality, though! I've always admired your site, too, it seems so active and inspiring. I wish I would know more about the era and setting, too. Maybe one day I will! :D

Yes, it can be Ajopuut as I remember, and it might have been taken out of youtube in the last year. It was with some metal influences, but also with historical themes. Surely it wasn't Ajattara.

And if you join us, you'll learn! Most people didn't know much about the era and setting when they joined. Including me, when I joined a RPG in English, in 2009... Yes, I loved tall ships, but I knew things about them mostly in my mother tongue and in French. And I didn't know much about the Golden Age of Piracy in West Indies, but more about Barbary pirates and those in the Mediterranean and around. Now I made a solid vocabulary in English and I found difficult when I wanted to write a seafaring story in Romanian :P

And now with the enhanced Colonial focus on Caribbean Dawn, it is even easier ;) for the newcomers.

22 hours ago, Dusty said:

Hey there Ace!

I know you too. :)  I have to agree you do make a good complex villain character who has many facets for IC exploration. 

Let the slow burn keep smoldering on!

Welcome to the Initiative.

Hey, Dusty, good to meet in here, too! :) HOTW is certainly set in one of the most interesting eras and settings for me, and I'm reading up on the history and learning a whole lot of new things. Just bought so many books on that setting.... now I just need to find time to read them all.

16 hours ago, Elena said:

Yes, it can be Ajopuut as I remember, and it might have been taken out of youtube in the last year. It was with some metal influences, but also with historical themes. Surely it wasn't Ajattara.

And if you join us, you'll learn! Most people didn't know much about the era and setting when they joined. Including me, when I joined a RPG in English, in 2009... Yes, I loved tall ships, but I knew things about them mostly in my mother tongue and in French. And I didn't know much about the Golden Age of Piracy in West Indies, but more about Barbary pirates and those in the Mediterranean and around. Now I made a solid vocabulary in English and I found difficult when I wanted to write a seafaring story in Romanian :P

And now with the enhanced Colonial focus on Caribbean Dawn, it is even easier ;) for the newcomers.

Yeah, I've found that RP's are a great way of finding out about things you never knew nothing about before. I certainly learned a lot of things when I joined a WW2 board and though the board is now long gone and dead, the enthusiasm for that piece of history is still there.

And I admire any person throwing themselves at such a challenge! I have admired your board and the dedication folks have put in it for a long time. You keep on going so strong, it's good to see that in  this time when a lot of boards die off even before they have a chance to get properly started. Right now I have a few too many RP obligations to properly focus on a new board, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't be stalking Before the Mast, anyway. ;P

• I read this! 2

oUIk3c.gif

21 hours ago, Uaithne said:

@Ace of Spades, dystopian is fun!  Do you prefer original dystopian or a canon of some sort?

So far I've only really tried my hand with a Walking Dead -board, but it would be interesting trying just something that's not canon. Though I've been sometimes tempted to get back to TWD things, too... But there are too many of these things I'd like to take part in, and so little time. T_T

oUIk3c.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @Ace of Spades

Hope you're enjoying the Initiative! I also share an interest in supernatural communities, however I tend to gravitate toward smaller cities/larger towns. What draws you into the small town setting? If you'd ever like to chat witchy vampire werewolf stuff, let me know! I see we're in the same coterie so I'm sure I'll see you around some more! :) 

• I read this! 1

Ad.png

Heyy, Eleholly! I've played larger city setting in the past (supernatural RP's), but drifted towards the small town setting because in my mind it gives characters a lot more chances to get to know each other and to affect the world and the people around them. Smaller circles among characters creates for more IC drama, too!

• I read this! 1

oUIk3c.gif