How Do You Integrate New Members

Uaithne

I've seen variations of lots of these things. For boards with really unique/intensive lore, the pairing works well. A let it alone and let it evolve approach for anywhere else imo.

provided people actually post and interact. I've joined boards where people just go with the old faces and it can be really hard to break in, in which case, like I'm a hyper extrovert, I will try and chuck plots for days. I'm also a person who will come up with stuff. And to come across somewhere that I'm going here are 12 things I could see happening for every plotter I can think of as a new member and either getting no response or "my character already has one of those with this character" only to discover said character is literally one of their own characters. yeah. that's a red flag. I stuck around only because a couple friends were on the board and they were both out for stuff. And then a vote about AC stuff came up and I told the site owner and she was like "OMG I haven't even plotted with you. you put up an open a month ago, really?!"

moral of the story, it depends on the community of your board. Will they automatically assimilate your new members like the borg? I wouldn't be too worried unless they seem like a more quiet person. Are they slower posters who tend to be more cliquish and stick together? there is nothing wrong with that once the relationship is established, but I think some emphasis should probably be put on staff making sure that can happen :) just my two cents

pvZERW.gif