Stereotypes

Rune

Guest TheHales
1 hour ago, Rune said:

Some of mine include:

Supernatural (the show) boards must reference the song "Wayward son" or it isn't legit.

There are no RW RPs in Kansas, Mississippi or Alabama.

No joke, I would join a site in a heartbeat if it was set in Mississippi simply for the nostalgia since I'm originally from there. There's so much untapped potential there!

On RW secrets sites, the secrets will always involve sex.

I feel like I should have more so I'll be back later!

Animated film canon sites that open up are ninety-nine percent "personified."  

Edited by Jacob
  • Agree 1

Supernatural sites where your vampire's eyes must turn red. (Very nit-picky I know...)
Having a 75%+ white face claim roster...

• Disagree 1

Guest TheHales
On 3/13/2018 at 11:09 PM, musicdiva1331 said:

Biker board. Amber heard/Charlie Hunnam. some tatted scrawny model as opposing biker gang pres who looks like my 70 lb golden could eat him for lunch. Jason Momoa muscle.

^this. How could I forget this very real stereotype? You understand my language.

Also, on biker sites, there will be a ridiculous amount of ads for some sweet young thing to save them from their destructive ways. Bonus points when the face claim looks about 12 opposite this grown ass man.

Harry Potter: 50/50 shot its Post Potter or Marauders. Always Non-canon ships abound. 

Fantasy with mythical creatures: 90% vamps and werewolves, and they never like each other. EVER

Edited by CovertSphinx
  • Preach it! 4

OnyxSiggy1.jpg.c76f2c1acc64a865bdf5164f4c085020.jpg

20 hours ago, Oleander said:

Supernatural sites where your vampire's eyes must turn red. (Very nit-picky I know...)
Having a 75%+ white face claim roster...

OH MY GOD THIS. and when I make an ad that specifically says the faces must be POC people act like hollywood casting folks and that emma stone can be asian.

Y'all....

or if you go on a site where canons have specified races (I've seen a few potter boards like this) people will try to pick fc that are so not POC. it's like, what. why?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Preach it! 1

pvZERW.gif

4 hours ago, musicdiva1331 said:

OH MY GOD THIS. and when I make an ad that specifically says the faces must be POC people act like hollywood casting folks and that emma stone can be asian.

Y'all....

or if you go on a site where canons have specified races (I've seen a few potter boards like this) people will try to pick fc that are so not POC. it's like, what. why?

It's probably because people are biased, whether they believe themselves to be or not. When I was active in the fanlistings community, I looked through all the Star Trek fanlistings. Most of the characters that had white actors playing them had fanlistings, but the ones that were played by black actors didn't. The only reason I could think of why that could be was the race of the actor. I might have been the first person who made a fanlisting for a character that was played by a black actor and that was Worf. (I can't remember if Harry Kim or Sulu had one.)

• I read this! 1

Sailor Moon rp admins always play Sailor Moon/Princess Serenity/Usagi or their "original" equivalent. Original senshi are always weird knockoffs with the same powers as their predecessors but "with a twist." These forums also never last more than a month, but the tumblr hype is real.

Medieval fantasy boards that have many playable races, but every character is either a human or an elf.

All animanga forums are proboards.

All RL sites must use 8pt font or smaller.

• Like 1
  • Preach it! 1

translunary.gif.5374a61b67b4df1af4bb898e0c039553.gif

a dark, urban fantasy;

inspired by sailor moon

On 3/17/2018 at 7:40 PM, musicdiva1331 said:

Y'all....

Yep, personal experience: I had an ALL POC faction wanted because they were a family. And I had 3 people try to give me white FC, not even mixed looking FC. Needless to say... None of them got the part.

• Admin
2 hours ago, ArthurGael said:

All sites are "welcoming" and "safe", even when they aren't XD

Claiming a site is safe doesn't mean shit. So.............

• Agree 3

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.