Storypath Cards

My husband just got the full set of these in the mail, and is planning to use them for LARP and tabletop. I'm considering using them for play by post gaming. Has anyone else done anything like this before (maybe with the original set produced by White Wolf in the 90s)? Any potential pros and cons you can see beyond the immediately obvious?

0226a8a84212702579ada441fb13616a.png
Guest Login: View Only | PW: sundoctrog

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I received story dice to use for inspiration. I couldn't get into them, so I offered them to a friend who is doing creative writing classes for young children and might use them more.

The site that I am playing on at the moment does something to this effect I guess and I love. So they make the board wide plots optional - you don't want your kiddie involved, no worries, they can keep on going. You want to shake things up a bit dive right in. You can also notify the admins that you want a plot bunny to pop up in your thread. You have no idea what it is - that's in the admins creative control - and then your characters are forced to react.

I really like this idea because it is optional. It's the sort of thing that I am going to be taking full advantage of soon. IBut because it's optional it's not alienating to people who aren't interesting in going in that direction. I come from a table top RP background and so a DM shaking things up occasionally works really well for me (and I find moments like this a total saving grace when a thread is dragging.)