Putting Out My Hand

Kaycakes

After lurking here for some time and then finally signing in only to look around a bit more, I'm finally putting out my hand. After isolating myself from the RP community for the past few months due to a single-minded obsession with creating a new rp, I thought I'd look up and make me some new friends. It's been a bit lonely on the interwebs. Greetings, you lovely folks, I'm Kay. I'm 28 years old, with four stepchildren, six dogs, and a beautiful, adoring husband all crammed in a tiny cottage-sized house. Talk about messy and tempers flying, but life is pretty freaking awesome.

How long have you been RPing?

Hmmm. There was a brief stint in my pre-teens when I discovered AOL chat rooms and found myself slipping into the entertainment category where aaalll the live roleplays were. Duuuude. What is this magical world, right? I faded out of it after a while. Then, years later, after a late night trip down the memory lane on twitter, a roleplayer snagged me into my very first forum roleplay in January 2015. I have been hooked since! 

What are your favorite RP genres?

Historical. None hesitation there. Recently stepped into a futuristic/dystopian one which I'm enjoying immensely, plus a modern fandom. Historical will always be my first love, though. Give me wars, revolution, and pestilence, and my life is complete.

How do you like to RP (Forum, chat, email)?

Forum. It's got a bit of a novella feel to it for me. Occasionally I will enjoy the live chat 1x1 on Discord or Skype, but I really have to be in the mood for it.

What is your favorite book, movie or type of music (or all three)?

Not gonna lie, I'm a metalhead when it comes to music. From 80s power ballads to recent alternative rock, baby. It's what I grew up with, all my family are rockers despite the fact that I'm deaf. Fun times. My favorite books are anything by Robin Hobb and Julie Anne Long. It's been forever since I've really watched movies, so I can't think off the top of my head what my faves are with that.

What other interest/Hobbies do you have?

Lately I've been touching on coding, which is incredibly fun and frustrating as hell. Watch out, rp world, I'll be making skins and templates before you know it. I do a lot of experimenting in the kitchen for my two hellion teenagers and crazy husband. I read all the time, and occasionally write short stories here and there. I've stopped doing this lately, but playing small MMOs was my favorite thing to do if I could run it on my ole pc. Wizard101 was my last game, lol, anddd Neverwinter. Always ended up as the healer for my kids. -_- What's a stepmama to do, right? 

Alright, that's all out of me. It's great to be here!

- kay.

• I read this! 2

300x80AdBanner.png

home sweet home.

18th century British India rp. Jcink premium.

be geeky with me!

• Admin

Hey @kay Welcome to The Initiative! We are glad to have you! I love coding myself so don't fear posting in the Coding Help forum! I will always do what I can to help!

<33

I'm a Sci-Fi/Dystopia nut myself! Enjoy your stay!

• I read this! 1

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

@Morrigan I'm intrigued with how you've laid out this site. It's been fun to poke through, plus it's so interactive. Resource site + social. Just wanted to tell you that! Thank you so much for your warm welcome. I'm definitely going to try to be active in the coding sections and get your tutoring. Fa sho.

@SithLordofSnark *beams* You're so great.

• I read this! 1

300x80AdBanner.png

home sweet home.

be geeky with me!

• Admin

@kay Thank you! IU take pride in making this a very awesome place to be so I appreciate it being seen. <33

• I read this! 1

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

Welcome aboard from a fellow historical fiction lover! Which are the periods/ settings you love the most?

• I read this! 1

Hey! I could list a bunch of historical periods and events I love, going back to the Roman conquests and all the way up to the Gilded Age. I've been exploring Georgian era, but that doesn't sound quite right when applied to other regions historically. Regency in the UK isn't my favorite, but if we're talking American history or going farther out Eastward to Africa and Southeast Asia.... I love that time period. I've been reading a lot more on the Gilded Age lately, that whole era between late 1800s to early 1900s, with American Indian wars and Indochina, but feeling drawn back to the 6th century, too. Heh. I'm not quite settled yet for a total favorite. If there is a huge shift in ideas, major conquests, or revolution, I'm drawn to it.

• I read this! 2

300x80AdBanner.png

home sweet home.

be geeky with me!