You'd've Done Well In Slytherin

Clockwork Galaxy

Hola!

I'm Wanderlust, but most people call me Wander.  I've been roleplaying for well over a decade now, primarily in fantasy (au harry potter and au OUAT universes with a bit of steampunk and original fantasy thrown in there). I ran my own au HP board for 5 years before the team finally disbanded for IRL things, and after orbiting directory sites with an eye out for a new family, I finally found two sites that I love, and have spent the past six months building a character list on them.  

I'm a junior in college, working towards a Creative Writing major and a Drama minor. I'm also a published author (technically), having had two of my short stories published last semester in two of my college's literary journals, which I'm obviously still excited about even if it is just at my school.  I cannot list just one favourite book or author, but Tanith Lee is among my favourites with her Unicorn Trilogy.  My favourite colour is light blue (every shade of light blue that you can name is probably on the list), and my favourite drink is Irish Breakfast Tea with milk and honey.  

Finally, I have an adorable Shih Tzu named Echo who probably wishes he could meet and greet every single person who wanders through this site on a daily basis.  

Nice to meet everyone🌝

• I read this! 1

682267011_468x60Banner007.png.965a08bf3b4589beb689832b27bd4615.png

About UsGuidebookCensusClaims ⚙ Canons ⚙ Wanted ⚙ Character Directory

18+ | Relaxed Activity Requirements | LGBTQIA Friendly | Diverse | Welcoming
Intermediate to Advanced | 1 Year Old | Many Open Canons & Wanteds

• Admin

Hello @Wanderlust! Welcome to The Initaitive we are certainly glad to have!

Do tell me about these Unicorn Trilogy books, you have piqued my interest!

Also, grats on the published papers! It sounds like a big accomplishment! I'm proud!

• I read this! 1

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

Thanks!  ^-^  

And the Unicorn Trilogy follows a young lady named Tanaquil through her first adventures.  Her mother is a sorceress, and as far as either of them knows, Tanaquil has no powers.  This seems to disappoint her mother, and the two struggle to get along in their desert palace.  One day Tanaquil begins finding strange bones in the desert and she begins to put the puzzle back together.  As a result of this, she meets the Black Unicorn, which leads her on her first adventure.  

It's honestly one of the most beautifully written books I've ever read - though that's true of all of Tanith Lee's works.  The first book is called The Black Unicorn.  

She's also collaborated on a Snow White retelling - from the darker roots of the fairy tale - called Red As Blood, I believe, which is another on my list favourites.  Yep.  ^-^

• I read this! 1

682267011_468x60Banner007.png.965a08bf3b4589beb689832b27bd4615.png

About UsGuidebookCensusClaims ⚙ Canons ⚙ Wanted ⚙ Character Directory

18+ | Relaxed Activity Requirements | LGBTQIA Friendly | Diverse | Welcoming
Intermediate to Advanced | 1 Year Old | Many Open Canons & Wanteds