NaNoWriMo

Morrigan

• Admin

So NaNo starts in two weeks! @Elena has expressed she is going to try this year! Is anyone else going to? What are your normal downfalls of completing?

Would you guys like Chat nights where we race one another in the Discord chat for The Initiative NaNo awards?

With this I'm thinking we can start a yearly thing to earn awards here on The Initiative for participating in NaNo and whatnot. Like NaNo Participant and NaNo winner etc.

• I read this! 1

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

I probably am participating in NaNo, but I'm not sure what I'm doing just yet. I won last year, but I haven't gotten the resulting book revised, so I may be participating in sprints and such with the redraft of last year's book instead of trying to write book two, which is the other potential thing I may do; I'm actually copying the first draft into a new file so the word count is ... I'm actually typing it, lol it makes my brain pay attention to it and I'm fixing it and adding more fluff as I go. Book one and two used to be the same book but I separated them because it was angling to turn out over a hundred thousand words, and for a first book that seemed... overkill. A little. Pretty sure it'll still get to somewhere around 70-80k, each, because there's a lot of ground to cover, but you know, it wouldn't be so 'holy mother of pie' if these are two separate books, so, I don't care as much any more. Still, if I finally publish book one, book two had probably better be soon behind it, because book one ends on a cliff-hanger to kill gods. So I'm like, redraft, second book, redraft, second book...

My biggest problem and I think it's one that's shared with a lot of people, is that I tend to go into edit mode if I let myself, and then I'm back at chapter one rewriting things, and then I have to fix this over here and that over there because it doesn't match the rewrite any more, and oh, I forgot to put this in, oh wait this might work better, lol what did I do this for - and on and on... my inner editor is a beast that cannot be tamed. Yeah... I actually got through last year by just not reading back and just keepin' on typing and uhh I managed to do like 30,000 words in one day; listen, Idk how I did it, but I also managed to repeat myself and character names changed several times and various little other continuity issues cropped up and bro. Lol but it got written so eh.

I actually really enjoyed doing sprints with the NaNo crew on another site. Word count race for like 5-20 minutes. The friendly competition was really motivating, so if the Initiative did something similar I'm down.

• I read this! 1

nusignature.png nusignature.png

I am the darkness, always watching, always listening, ALWAYS THERE.
(If you're interested in Plain of Ice, message me, it's private. Bleach site, non-canon.)

I have thought really hard about it!

• I read this! 1

"Everyone has been doing so much soul searching during all of this,

and I'm just over here drawing pics of my character's dicks."

Guest LOVE ME AND DESPAIR

I am considering doing NaNo this year. Though it's the 17th and I haven't a single idea for it. We'll see. I don't really do sprints or anything, but the awards sound nifty. I know there's things you can earn on the NaNo/Camp NaNo site like achievements when you choose a title or make a cover, etc. Little awards outside of the few achievements you can get on the official site would be fun. =)

Yes, I will do NaNo this year. Since my timezone doesn't correspond with yours,I can't vote for writing sprints.

• I read this! 1

I might do nano this year? One of the girlfriends is very excited about nano and dragging me into it, pff. I've looked at nano for like... three? Four? Years, but never actually did it. Knowing myself, I almost definitely won't finish, but hey, at least I tried.

• I read this! 2

affbutton.png

• Admin

I added a NaNo room to the Discord chat.

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • Admin

NaNo is on for many! Share anything here or in the discord chat.

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Guest Ember

I've never participated in NaNo, but I think next year I might take a shot at it. For those of you doing it this year, good luck and may your fingers be speedy!