Help! Character Bio Forms / Application

StormWolfe

As far as minimalist applications, I've found a few things to be true. First, applications will not stop people from manipulating your system in an attempt to get what they want; you've already discovered this the hard way. You will always have to remove those people by enforcing your rules and lore, and then asking the jerks to leave. I still like applications or bios, but because of that revelation, I put much less pressure on bios explaining every single thing about the character. My list gets real small because the only things that are needed are things you can see at a glance, and things that might influence the game.

* Race/ Species

* Height

* Gender/Gender Identity

* Brief Appearance (Eyes, hair, whatever's important and stands out)

* Abilities/Powers

I don't push personality or history because some people start playing with a fully-formed character, and some don't. Not to mention, plots can evolve both of those fields, adding and changing things. Plus people are far more complex than reacting the same way to the same situation every time, and just... Yeah, those two are always optional for me.

• Like 1