Terror Member Help

Pegasus

I don't warn other sites, unless the member is known for doing really damaging stuff like spamming up threads if they're told to leave, or PMing members with disgusting pictures, etc.

If it was just a temper tantrum, I don't bother. Sometimes they learn that they won't get what they want by stomping their feet, so I like to think that's the case with most of them. They move on and learn.

No, because people deserve a chance to get on with things without their past troubles following them around. Sometimes, there is just a clash of personalities and people don't get on on your site. It doesn't really give you the right to ruin their chances of fitting in on a site elsewhere. There's a fine line where warning people crosses the line into out right bullying and put yourself into a hypothetical position where you're unwelcome at every site you go to because someone said you were a problem causer on their site - how would you feel about it? (You can never be sure if there's a bully on your own site that you've not picked up on who really caused the problem, if it's in your member base, or in your own staff. Some folks can be very good at hiding this if they are experienced at it.)

If they are really a problem they will reveal themselves on any site they go to and then it's up to the staff there to deal with the problem.

Edited by Icewolf
  • Agree 3

I'm definitely opposed to causing more drama. For all we know, they might find a good, proper home with one another at this new site. But if we go chasing after them, shouting warnings, we are suddenly kind of harassers. Which I do not want to ever fall into the camp of.

Tough, though. I've mentioned a problem player before, but only when I'm a member/staffer in good standing on a new place they show up, but that's definitely a different ballgame than going to them to report this incumbent problem.

• Agree 1

BxChg6.png
HOME | PLOT | RULES | ADVERTISE

What the Future Holds, a newly opened post-Civil War MCU site with a world fighting to find its way, and entirely new mutant canon.

BxUppO.gif

• 1 month later...

I don't warn other sites, and I take their word with a grain of salt. I believe that the member's actions should speak for themselves. If they misbehave, I will deal with them accordingly. But I don't think it's right to ban them before they've even broken 'my' rules.

You also never know when someone is just out to create drama out of spite. This has happened to me before and needlessly tarnished my reputation when word was spread around various different sites. I would hate for that to happen to someone else without giving them a chance first.

• Love 1