Can non-Earth science fantasy still be considered to be modern fantasy?

Gota

I'm not really sure if I actually fit into this coterie since our site is science fantasy and has a few modern elements, like social media and a few high-tech devices, but it's still a lot of fantasy and mixture stuff, like having old monarchies around, castles, people in armor and melee weapons, old-fashioned firearms etc. It's a bit like Final Fantasy where you throw both old and modern stuff in. Plus, it's not Earth and I feel like you usually speak of Earth if you mean "modern".
Anyway, does this kinda fantasy still count as modern fantasy?

Edited by Gota

2055148134_EOHbanner.png.530f7a6856f7b2fd0b4861da17014318.png

• 3 months later...

I would suggest that it's a blend genre. Part Modern Fantasy, part Futuristic Sci-Fi, yet 100% awesomesauce

OnyxSiggy1.jpg.c76f2c1acc64a865bdf5164f4c085020.jpg

I mean, my forum is Victorian fantasy. It's not quite modern, either, but it's also no longer medieval-esque. There are steampunk elements and yet it's not full-steam, either. Fantasy has this ability to overlap time periods and genres, so there's nothing wrong with hanging out in more than one place to talk about what you love!

• Love 1

Thorns: Uprising
A Unique Victorian Fantasy Play-by-Post RPG

LORE | FORUM | CHARACTER CENSUS | WANTED ADS | DISCORD