Error when uploading images

Grimscythe

Heyo! It's me again! So I'm working on a character to better learn the character aspects of Gaia's system. Whenever I try to upload an avatar and/or secondary image, I get the following error. It doesn't matter whether I'm using .jpg or .png, I get the same thing. What can I do?

796254070_ScreenShot2019-08-09at1_58_46AM.thumb.png.404faf0de2c4a9ac0b5b1c8c528e55f8.png

Edited by Grimscythe

Are the permissions on the server file system correct? It should be 0755 0775 I believe actually, and owned by apache.

Otherwise, make sure that the settings for avatars and or secondary images are right and they are enabled. I'm not sure if this system shows the right language strings for the error it's actually getting so the problem may be something else entirely. 

nusignature.png nusignature.png

I am the darkness, always watching, always listening, ALWAYS THERE.
(If you're interested in Plain of Ice, message me, it's private. Bleach site, non-canon.)

I can't tell who the owner of the file is.  Dreamhost is picky about which commands users can use for apache, as it's a shared hosting service. I was able to change the file permissions though, however that did not work. I should note that this issue only occurs with character avatars and secondary images. I am able to upload images for everything else without a hitch, including gallery images.

Well, it works 100% fine literally everywhere else. The only other thing I can tell you is, Aether accepts .jpg, .jpeg, .gif, .png, and .ico. It will probably get confused if there are multiple periods in the filename. Some special characters may also confuse it.

See if your error logs say anything useful?

• LOL 1

(If you're interested in Plain of Ice, message me, it's private. Bleach site, non-canon.)

@Arceus So... it was the period earlier in the file name. I feel like such an idiot now for not thinking of that. xD

Well, at least we got that figured out and squared away. lol

• Thank you 1