How many muses do you play?

Liannis

I know there are some people who can only handle one site and others who can be on several at once, no sweat. 

How many rp sites are you on?

rough estimate, how many chars are you playing?

If multiple sites, are they in the same genre or different? Do you have a ‘main’ game? Do you tweak favorite cs and play them on more than one site?

How many rp sites are you on? I'm currently on five and there's a sixth that will open in October. 

Rough estimate, how many chars are you playing? I'm currently playing seventeen characters and I'm making four more for the sixth site, so it will be a total of twenty-one. 

If multiple sites, are they in the same genre or different? They're all in different genres right now. I would play in two or three of the same genre back when I could handle more, because I could easily be on eight or nine sites and play nearly a hundred characters between them. But between most of those sites closing/dying, and having a lot on my plate in other areas, I've cut down to what I have now. 

Do you have a ‘main’ game? Absolutely. I admin one site on my own, and there's another one that's more active than all the others put together, so those are the two I give preference. 

Do you tweak favorite cs and play them on more than one site? Often, especially with my preferred canon characters if they're open on a fandom/panfandom site. And in the past I've joined sites solely because I could play my fave OC there, because it's hard to find a site that will accept his abilities. But for the most part it's just chance as to whether or not I reuse a character. Even when I do, I usually don't change a whole lot, beyond any edits I need to make to fit the character to site rules and lore. 

• Like 1

How many rp sites are you on? 

I am on one site. I was on several, at one point I was on 5 boards at the same time. But I like being social in the cbox/discord and I found trying to keep track of that many social groups at the same time was extremely anxiety producing so I made the decision to focus completely upon one board and that was the board I was helping Admin. 

rough estimate, how many chars are you playing? At my height I was playing 40 characters. I wasn't actually having problems keeping up with them but I was having problems finding plots for all of them because our board was only so large and we didn't have enough players to allow me to RP all of my characters thoroughly. When you're 1/3 of the characters on the board it's easy to not have enough plots. So I've dropped back down to 25 characters. 

If multiple sites, are they in the same genre or different? Do you have a ‘main’ game? Do you tweak favorite cs and play them on more than one site? I mostly focused on modern supernatural, and urban paranormal (sometimes high fantasy/technology) and not fandoms. I find I am not good at following a canon character in a solid manner because I have a tendency to want to go my own way with them. With my original contents I tend to play them on multiple sites and modify each one to fit the new site. 

spacer.png

I have six now. Don't ask me how that happened. I'm not saying a lot of alcohol and bad decisions were involved, but I'm not saying they weren't.

I can give you a precise number, thanks to the software they run on (Gaia! Gaia will give you a precise character count) and a little maths, I have 70 right now.

(Fun fact for anyone that wants to know, in my RP Prime, my highest number was 147, and that was amazingly on one site.)

If multiple sites, are they in the same genre or different?
Different ones. Well, two of them are technically both modern supernatural sites, but they're set up different.

Do you have a ‘main’ game?
I think technically, but you can't really tell. I post on all the sites and pay the same amount of attention to each, or try. Sometimes one site's crew get louder than the others' and I end up rapid-post ping-ponging for a few days until they calm down.

Do you tweak favorite cs and play them on more than one site?
Basically if I'm joining another site, it's extremely rare that I make a completely new character. Even for wanted ads, you're getting a tweaked existing Arceus-character, not a totally new one. It gives me enough of a general basis to start playing them out the gate without that weird getting-to-know-them phase, and they do eventually start individualising and defining themselves separate from whatever character they came from, if they're going to (some never do). Obviously it happens sometimes that I make new ones, and what characters I normally play cycle out of usage eventually and are replaced by new ones, but I'll even port my canons with some adjustment.

nusignature.png nusignature.png

I am the darkness, always watching, always listening, ALWAYS THERE.
(If you're interested in Plain of Ice, message me, it's private. Bleach site, non-canon.)

Three.

Rough estimate, how many chars are you playing?

We Are Bulletproof: 66

Mayday: 24

Welkin: 13

TOTAL: 103

They're all vastly different genres. I don't like playing in the same type of setting, like if I'm in a modern fantasy game, I have no interest in joining another one. 

Yes. WAB by far. The other two are considered "side games" but I still have fun with them and I love having the different genres to go to whenever I feel like it. Occasionally the "main" game changes though. So while WAB is the main focus right now, a couple weeks ago, Mayday was, and etc. It's just whatever is tickling my inspiration bone at the time.

Yes and no. Kinda? I prefer to kinda start fresh with characters but I do have a handful of basic characters that I like to mold around whatever setting I put them in.

Reality is an illusion. 

• Admin
13 hours ago, Liannis said:

4 if you include my RP partner site. 3, if you don't and 2 if you include my GM one is a little dead at the moment but that's due to it's reliance on needing more staff.

If we're not including NPCs... a lot. I don't actually know. I've moved a lot of characters onto an alt account on my main 1x1 RP Partner site. I think this site has a good portion of my characters but not all of them.

https://rpginitiative.com/profile/139-morrigan/?tab=node_characters_Characters

I'd say that's about half including unique renditions of multiple characters because I don't play all of them the same in certain settings. And looking at the list it's missing a lot lol. But it should give you a good idea.

If multiple sites, are they in the same genre or different? Do you have a ‘main’ game? Do you tweak favorite cs and play them on more than one site?

Different genres. I'll play in the same genre too but right now it's different. Site one is a Post Apocalypse Dystopia, the other is a Sci-Fi Supernatural, then there is Realm of Roleplays which is more a guided RP site and so multi-genre, the last one has no genre its just where I play exclusively with my RP partners in a private setting. In the last one I play anything from fandoms to alternate universes. Hell I have continuations of RPs that were abandoned by the staff so I just continue forward.

I personally am a wanted ad whore. I love to pick up new and exciting characters and character relationships. So some of my characters were developed beyond a wanted ad, some are wanted ads, most are just well established characters that I've been playing for years.

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

• Operations Mod

I participate actively on three sites. There's a fourth that I hang around because its a revamp with a lot of old friends... but I don't really participate in the actual roleplaying much anymore. I have one thread on that one. 

I've got 8 mains, across my sites. I also play various smaller rolled characters... so off the top of my head I actively play about 23 different characters. 

All my sites are different genres right now. One is a Sci-Fi Supernatural, another is a cross genre Post Nuclear Apocalypse Sci-Horror, One a Medieval Fantasy, and the last is a multi-genre where I've got plots running in upwards of 14 individual settings. So around 17 Muses running. 

Metro: Beyond is my personal site baby so I favor it where I can. 

Yeah. I love exploring how circumstance changes the end result. How does Jane Doe turn out born into riches vs. poverty, etc. That said, I have a few favs that don't really translate too well outside their origin settings. 

• Love 1

bannerlong.png

0_mainsignature (1).jpg

rpgida.png

Icon & Profile set by The Inquisitor of Dragon Age: Absolution

Just the one I run!

About 25. I have a lot more, but I "cycle out" those that don't have much going on both for my own sanity and to keep my account switcher dropdown sized to fit the page 😛

IKiE2z.png

Two, but they share a Discord and have a lot of player overlap.

Rough estimate, how many characters are you playing?
Twelve, six on each site. Six characters max per site, so I'm effectively maxed out for what I'm on.

Same. Both superhero sites, one DC and one Marvel. When I'm on a third site, it's usually modern supernatural, but nothing has grabbed my attention recently and I've been sunk down by life. I also used to do a lot of animal roleplay but that's been falling out of my interest.

Do you have a 'main' game?
My activity on the two sites is pretty even, but I'd say the one I admin is the main, and that it should be. Because, you know. Admin.

Never at the same time, but when I leave one game and join another, I usually tweak old favorites to fit the universe. There's a reason I liked writing the character, even if the game itself ended up not being right for me.

Three, at the moment. 

Rough estimate, how many chars are you playing?

AeRo: 
RP Archetiects: Two with one under hiatus.
Loyalty binds us: One. 

Historical is a theme for me, but not always. AeRo is my main game and focus but that doesn't mean that I don't love the sites that I am on. I generally have some more "main" characters that I play or I made characters for certain plots that need to be filled. Generally I make separate characters for each site I am on. On Loyalty Binds Us, it was a character from the Tudor period edited for the game/site plotline. 

bzC3QQ.png  

Active, fun, established 2008! Come join us. 
Aeterna Roma

Sites I am on; rpabutton.png 

Well, I have registered to many rp sites. But counting those I'm visiting often/every day, I'd say 4 of them. The reason why I'm active on those four and not others, is because I found great partners there which is why I keep coming back, but also because those sites are great.

As for how many characters I'm playing I'd say between 20 and 25. The number is only gonna grow.

The sites I'm on are forums where you look for people to rp with. I'm one site specifically for a group roleplay I made, another is for adult oriented writings, and the other two (this site included) is for finding roleplays and partners for any type of genre.

The reason why I was on so many sites was because I had an idea and wanted to find a partner asap before I fall out of love with it. It happened so many times that people contact me about it while I am already over that idea and moved on with something else.

bram stokers dracula GIF

How many rp sites are you on? Just one, but I think I was on like four simultaneously some number of years ago.

rough estimate, how many chars are you playing? Right now, only like three. Back in the heyday, I think I had more like 30.

If multiple sites, are they in the same genre or different? Do you have a ‘main’ game? When I was playing on multiple boards, it was a mix. Usually they were the same couple fandoms, but as boards died off, I'd find others. I usually did have a main game that I had more friends on/that I'd been on longer.

Do you tweak favorite cs and play them on more than one site? Not simultaneously. If a board died or I left and I really liked a character, I would resurrect them somewhere else eventually. Sometimes they end up ported over to my original fiction instead.

On 9/23/2019 at 4:12 PM, Liannis said:

Im technically on two sites.

Im currently playing roughly 24 characters over two sites that are of the same genre with one of my sites being my main site. I do have a couple of characters that i would can play over a couple of sites no matter what they are because iv played them for years.

user posted image                                                                                              

On 9/23/2019 at 8:12 AM, Liannis said:

I know there are some people who can only handle one site and others who can be on several at once, no sweat. 

1. Two, though one I own and the second one belongs to a friend whom I enjoy RPing with. I've considered joining another site to have a general place to relax where I wouldn't need to worry about managing, but if I did that it would have to be vastly different from the sites I'm currently on.

2. I have one for each RP (so currently... 5ish active ones?) and a repository of older characters that once belonged to RPs that died for one reason or another. 

3. Yes, the two sites are different. One is a multi-genre site while the other has a Victorian-era based setting. I only play a character in one RP at a time and don't double dip. I don't like playing characters in multiple RPs because their personalities/histories could be slightly different depending on the place/setting, and I'd rather not cross streams. 

• Agree 1

umbra-galaxy.png

18+ multi-genre community. no application. no word count.

I play on two different sites in the same genre, though one is shaping up to be much darker than the other. 

Between the two I have eleven (?) characters - I'd have to go count them to be sure lol.

34 year old woman living in the eastern US. Time zone is EST.