Story Snippets

Arceus

Feel free to share some of your favourite snippets from what you're writing!

Force ran in everyone's blood, of course. While each person was different, all the races on Yanan were capable of great magical feats, if they bothered to learn to perform them, and had the talent in Force manipulation in the first place. In most cases, only those that were very high ranking on the societal ladder had the time to devote to the study and honing of Force abilities, so most of the powerful mages in most societies were nobility. In Galace, however, and reportedly the Free Cities to the west, everyone was taught Force manipulation. Force was in the wind, in the water, it burned in the flame and flowed in the veins of the children of Yanan. It created, and sustained, life, and all of it was only borrowed. When the time came, it had to be given back. That was death, but it was never the end.

Evening meal in House Essair was quite the bustle. The little ilim had come out and started barking commands at some of the other slaves, and had a particular manner in which the very large dinner table was to be arranged. Every place was to be set with tableware, and the new slaves did have to wonder why. So far, Kasarion seemed to be the only noble Dalmascan that was present in the house. Everyone knew the slaves didn't eat at the same table, so what was the point of all the extra places?
Except, in House Essair, the slaves ate at the same table.

I love reading stuff! Share share! =DDDDD Feed my insatiable curiosity! xD

• Like 1

nusignature.png nusignature.png

I am the darkness, always watching, always listening, ALWAYS THERE.
(If you're interested in Plain of Ice, message me, it's private. Bleach site, non-canon.)

Lips pursed tight Myrrine disagreed. Eyes narrow as dagger blades she stole another fig from the bag Theron held in his lap. The suggestive placement was not lost on her, but the amusement she found in his desperation for a bit of fondling faded with his laughter. "No. You are twisting it all up to make me sound delusional. I was not dreaming, if I were tired why would I have gotten out of bed? I saw what I saw because I couldn't sleep. It all really happened. The circle is still there; My father is looking for advice right this second."
    "Your father is sleeping off too much wine and not enough Thracian helots right this second." He sassed, fully aware that he was strumming the chords of Myrrine's temper. That was how he liked her best. Upset and ready to fight. Slapping hands would have given him an excuse to catch her by the wrists or block her blows by pressing their bodies together. When she leaned towards him, he flinched expectantly. Instead of the cheek smack he was prepared for she thrust her hand into the open bag sitting across his groin. The sack was nearly empty, making it easy to 'accidentally' pinch him through the layers of cloth as she claimed another fig. 
    Over the sound of his groans she batted her eyelashes at him in exaggerated apology, "Something wrong Theron, dear?"
    "You nearly made wine of me, woman." He howled. 
    "Sounds like I have." She giggled as he rolled face down on the ground. Figs spilled out of the bag, and she tossed the one in her hand with them. Too full to eat any more now that she'd evened the score.  

and another

Fist pounding on the wood Myrrine shoved the door open. Blankets blocked the bottom. It hadn't stopped the room from filling with smoke. Thick black plumes of it rose up through the windows over the courtyard. No one was inside. Myrrine thought her body was too. Heat licked at the soles of her feet. A burn blistered down her forearm but she didn't notice. All she felt was a choking that had nothing to do with the smoke. Mind reeling she tried to make sense of the empty beds. If they had put the blankets under the door to stop the smoke, then they hadn't left the room that way. The destroyed terrace crackled menacingly outside, making her heart sick at the thought of them climbing out onto it. A stool shoved against the outer window was the hint at where the two little ones had gone. 
    "Agape?" She screamed into the night.  
    "Where were you?!" A small, angry voice called back.
    Throwing her leg over the window sill Myrrine dropped down from the second story. All her bones ached on the impact. The skin peeled from the burn on her arm. Wrapping it in the loose end of her dress she pulled herself upright. Palms hot on the brickwork of their house. 
    "Myrrine…" All the bitterness in Agape's voice had seeped away. She was kneeling not far off. Face streaked by ash and tears. Little arms wrapped tight around Zeno. The weakness in her expression made Myrrine's legs turn to hot wax. Folding next to them she pulled Agape into a hug. With a sob her sister finished, "Myrrine he won't wake up."

Edited by Jones

operation: bowtruckles & bombs

R6MmD.png

• 2 weeks later...

"I know you miss her," Mortimer said, his tone quiet as he leaned his forehead against Bella's. "She's not the same person you became friends with."
"I know she's not," Bella whispered. "I just can't help but think that maybe if I'd been a better friend -"
"No, Bella," Mortimer said, reaching up to tilt her head up to look at him. "No. There was nothing you could've done. It's not bad friends and misfortune that drive someone to depravity. It's their own mind."

(This is project two, because I hit 50k and now I'm just writing whatever I want, sorry, but still. Lol)

nusignature.png nusignature.png

I am the darkness, always watching, always listening, ALWAYS THERE.
(If you're interested in Plain of Ice, message me, it's private. Bleach site, non-canon.)

Clary stared at Jocelyn, her mouth open slightly as what her mother wanted of her truly sank in. Leave this all behind? Leave Jace behind? Forget everything that happened and try to go back to being a “normal” girl. Was her mother even listening to herself?

“Clary, please just listen-”

“No. You listen.” Clary cut across, stopping her mother’s words before she could continue. “I’ve stood before Angels and I’ve fought greater demons. I have faced battles and a world I never knew existed. Those things have made me who I am. This is my birthright. I can never go back to the way things were.” Clary paused for a moment, swallowing thickly. “And I honestly can’t believe you’d ask that of me. You want me to forget? Do you think that’s going to fix everything? Do you think that’ll make the scars go away? Do you think the feelings will go away? Is this supposed to somehow fix the fact that you lied to me all my life? Oh let’s make Clary forget again.”

By the end Clary was aware she sounded half hysterical.  “I was trying to protect you!”

“And you did a damn fine job of it!” Clary snarled. “You left me helpless! I had no idea what was going on! I had no idea we were in danger until it was practically on top of me! I almost died because I didn’t know!

More than once, even. 

“Clary, I had my reasons for the things I did. Maybe I made the wrong choices, but they were the best choices I could make at the time.”

Clary took a deep breath and released it, willing herself to remain calm, willing herself not to cry. “Well, I have my reasons too.” Clary said flatly. “And this is my choice, no matter how much you tried to take it away from me.” A seriousness entered her tone. “And I’m making it, not you. I’m choosing to become a Nephilim. I’m choosing to continue my training in spite of your preferences otherwise. And if you’re going to continue to try and change my mind, then I’ll stay at the institute, or whatever institute will have me, and that will be that.”

affiliatebutton.png

Some must be warriors that others may live in peace.