Switching the Avatar to Secondary Images on Thread Posts

Grimscythe

I have another question for you (I hope that’s okay, if you’d prefer I can just use this thread to ask questions instead of constantly starting new ones if you want). What is the identifier for the secondary image? I’m trying to switch the avatar shown beside the posts from the square one to the secondary image and I’ve been scouring the code trying to figure it out with no luck so far.  

Pfffft fuck idr off-hand (and no keep them separate by topic so others can find these if they have the same question). $msg->poster->image I believe?

If you need a variable by the way you can actually make Vesta tell you what it is by

echo '<xmp>',print_r($whatevervariable),'</xmp>';

This'll also tell you what other data is available in that var, so you know what all you can use.

• Love 1

nusignature.png nusignature.png

I am the darkness, always watching, always listening, ALWAYS THERE.
(If you're interested in Plain of Ice, message me, it's private. Bleach site, non-canon.)

Thank you! I’ll mess with it when I get home and let you know if I have any other issues. ^.^

It was, in fact, image. Thank you so much. Dropping this here as a reply for those that come across this post with the same question.

To switch from the 250x250 avatar to your secondary image, you will need to do the following in your forum.template.php file:

Find this line:

',($msg->poster->avatar? '<div class="margin5">'.$msg->poster->avatar.'</div>' : ''),'

Replace with:

',($msg->poster->avatar? '<div class="margin5">'.$msg->poster->image.'</div>' : ''),'

For my theme, I simply created it using the theme manager, then manually copied the template files that were not automatically created from the Eros theme into the directory manually. In this case, my forum.template.php file is modified from a copy of Eros's forum.template.php.