Upload issue for Player Secondary Image

Grimscythe

I have my secondary image size set to 250x400 px, and for characters it works fine. However, under the account's images, when I use the secondary image uploader, it gives me the same error as it would if I were to try and upload an oversized image in the avatar position. (The file you tried to upload was larger than the size settings for that item.) How can I fix this?

Alright, so I didn't answer this earlier because I was mobile and I need a keyboard for this bc we're probably going to end up doing some scary, because this is a known bug with this particular thing I have to figure out why is a problem sometimes but not other times. I'm likely missing something somewhere, but I digress.

So first, the file is actually 250x400, right? Try uploading a file that's already worked with characters, because it might be a different error going on but that's the error it's spitting out for some dumb reason.

nusignature.png nusignature.png

I am the darkness, always watching, always listening, ALWAYS THERE.
(If you're interested in Plain of Ice, message me, it's private. Bleach site, non-canon.)

It doesn't appear that I have the other working file on this computer, so I'll have to check my other one; however, it's entirely likely that I actually deleted it. Because of that, I tried saving and then uploading again, but that didn't work. I double checked the file size on the first one, and I've tried doing a .jpg and a .png to see if maybe there was something wonky going on with it and it was just being picky. 

Alrighty, so we're just gonna loosen the tight image size checks in Aether, so, don't do this high or partially awake lmao Get into application/core/aether.php, and find this line:

wait, I figured out the issue lmao try this, find this line:

if( (!empty($settings->image_sizew) && $size[0] !== $settings->image_sizew) || (!empty($settings->image_sizeh) && $size[1] !== $settings->image_sizeh) )

And we're gonna turn where it says $size into $sizes, so this should read:

if( (!empty($settings->image_sizew) && $sizes[0] !== $settings->image_sizew) || (!empty($settings->image_sizeh) && $sizes[1] !== $settings->image_sizeh) )

I believe the bug is I had a typo. xD

• LOL 1

(If you're interested in Plain of Ice, message me, it's private. Bleach site, non-canon.)

13 hours ago, Arceus said:

Alrighty, so we're just gonna loosen the tight image size checks in Aether, so, don't do this high or partially awake lmao 

You already know me so well! I couldn't stop laughing for five minutes when I read that. 😂 Okay, so I did that but it's still doing it. Is it possible that wherever it reads the setting from didn't update for the account when I set it in the core settings?

Lol I'm glad to be amusing. 

Alright, well, Vesta doesn't cache that, so it should change immediately. Uh, same line, change the !== to >.

Basically this part of Aether's code is meant to ensure that players can't upload 200x350 images when the setting is 250x400. Still a bit glitchy tho. I'll fiddle with it in Salerno. 

• Love 1