Where do we put scripts?

Grimscythe

Oh goodness, I'm already on today's third question! I'm trying to figure out where we need to put scripts in the theme files for them to work, both in general for implementing things such as sticky menus and accordions and specifically for Widgetbot.io.

Currently, if I put Widgetbot.io before the closing head tag like the crate instructs us to do, it immediately breaks the front end of the site and causes an HTTP 500 error. If I remove it, it resolves itself and begins working again. I don't know if this is an issue with widgetbot itself, or if its something I'm doing wrong, so I figured I'd start with the assumption that in this instance, the issue exists between my chair and keyboard.

Widgetbot also says it can be placed within the body tag, but the same thing happens if I do it that way as well.

You'll need to make sure you're escaping the apostrophes that Widgetbot uses by default. But you'll put them in the head tag of the above template in frame.template

• Thank you 1

nusignature.png nusignature.png

I am the darkness, always watching, always listening, ALWAYS THERE.
(If you're interested in Plain of Ice, message me, it's private. Bleach site, non-canon.)

Oh, also random quick note, the jQuery, Bootstrap, and FontAwesome Free libraries are loaded by default, so if you have a script that uses either one, you don't need to load them again.

• Love 1

nusignature.png nusignature.png

I am the darkness, always watching, always listening, ALWAYS THERE.
(If you're interested in Plain of Ice, message me, it's private. Bleach site, non-canon.)