Preptober 2020 #1

Arceus

Welcome to Preptober! Periodically during the month of October, I'll be posting discussion topics that challenge you to think about your story and where you're going with it. You also get a small amount of points for your NaNo House for participating, so you can get your house an early lead during Preptober! If you had a House last year, you'll remain in it this year; if you don't have one yet, pop into the House thread and ask for one!

Our first topic for Preptober is: Give us a synopsis of how you want your story to go. What's the conflict and obstacle that must be overcome?

nusignature.png nusignature.png

I am the darkness, always watching, always listening, ALWAYS THERE.
(If you're interested in Plain of Ice, message me, it's private. Bleach site, non-canon.)

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Big rock. Big rock have big secrets. Figure out big secrets. Not die along the way. ... yeah. I'm not wordsing good today but that got the point across.

I lied. This one's apparently mostly a romance, but the two have to come to terms with their feelings for each other and figure out how to move forward with them. One of the MC's also has a very strained relationship with his twin that needs to reach some kind of resolution.

nusignature.png nusignature.png

I am the darkness, always watching, always listening, ALWAYS THERE.
(If you're interested in Plain of Ice, message me, it's private. Bleach site, non-canon.)

So this year I'm rebelling hard and working on... several projects and just tracking word count across them.

"primary" project is something like this: Pro-Hero Husbands sent back in time together to their teenage selves. They much conquer their years at school facing all the villains they did before, plus new challenges brought on by the fact that everything they do seems to change the timeline just a little more. 

affiliatebutton.png

Some must be warriors that others may live in peace.

I too will be rebelling. I don't have much of a desire to tackle a huge project like a novel, especially when I'd rather invest that time into something I actually enjoy doing. So instead of focusing on a single project, I'm going to work on lore, settings, and more for the two sites that I'm working on it hopes that maybe I'll make progress, and hit my word goal. 

I've had a hard time concentrating on writing alone for awhile, so I need to take one step at a time.

Awkward rumor that may or may not be true sets nobleman to flee until it passes. Turns out the damned rumor runs faster.

By Wit & Whitby

[Plot] | [Rules] | [Wanted] | [Discord]

18+ | Victorian Era | No App | No Word Count |

PoC & LGBT-friendly | Newbie-friendly