Preptober 2020 #2

Arceus

Welcome to Preptober! Periodically during the month of October, I'll be posting discussion topics that challenge you to think about your story and where you're going with it. You also get a small amount of points for your NaNo House for participating, so you can get your house an early lead during Preptober! If you had a House last year, you'll remain in it this year; if you don't have one yet, pop into the House thread and ask for one!

Our next topic for Preptober is: What's the most exciting part of your story for you? What are you most looking forward to?

• Love 1

nusignature.png nusignature.png

I am the darkness, always watching, always listening, ALWAYS THERE.
(If you're interested in Plain of Ice, message me, it's private. Bleach site, non-canon.)

If I'm being 100% honest what I'm most excited for is hopefully knocking a project (or two) out of the way. Finally. I've got a list a mile long and I'd like to just knock a few out so that I can keep working on newer ones and other stuff?

For specific pieces I am also really looking forward to unveiling the Actual enemy in my time-travel fic, because so far most of what's been done has been like... shifts in the timeline of events that already happened but after this next few chapters and some cool down time the real enemy finally raises their head as more than a reference from our two time-travelers and I'm excited to get that rolling! This build up has been important to showing what the two are really capable of, and to get everyone else to take them somewhat more seriously than they did originally but... yeah, looking forward to sharing this part of the fic and stuff.

• Love 1

affiliatebutton.png

Some must be warriors that others may live in peace.

First of all... getting closer to being done with this monstrosity. I've been working on it for almost a year now and I'm dying to be done.

As for the story itself... I'm kind of looking forward to a certain character death that is almost entirely meaningless but will likely be cathartic as hell. Also someone goes evil later, and I suspect no one's going to see that coming and I can't wait for the "KENDRA!!! WHAT THE FUCK!!!!" freak out.

Okay. This'll sound weird but, writing something with no major overarching story-line or take-away lesson to be had, it's just there to be cute and no other reason. Also will sound weird but I'm sort of looking forward to doing a monogamous pairing again too because like I love polys don't get me wrong, and I'm even in one in reality, it's just the balancing act of being in one and writing one is honestly kind of tiring. I haven't wanted to RP one recently either for the same reason.

• Love 1
  • LOL 1

nusignature.png nusignature.png

I am the darkness, always watching, always listening, ALWAYS THERE.
(If you're interested in Plain of Ice, message me, it's private. Bleach site, non-canon.)

Some of the things I hope to accomplish in my goal of writing at least 50,000 words this November are:

• complete guides/lore/site for my Forgotten Realms rp
  • stay on top of posts
  • update any characters I haven't touched in awhile that need it

It's not much, but it's baby steps.

I'd like to beat my record for words in a month, particularly re: one specific project. All the better if I finish.

By Wit & Whitby

[Plot] | [Rules] | [Wanted] | [Discord]

18+ | Victorian Era | No App | No Word Count |

PoC & LGBT-friendly | Newbie-friendly