Preptober 2020 #3

Arceus

Welcome to Preptober! Periodically during the month of October, I'll be posting discussion topics that challenge you to think about your story and where you're going with it. You also get a small amount of points for your NaNo House for participating, so you can get your house an early lead during Preptober! If you had a House last year, you'll remain in it this year; if you don't have one yet, pop into the House thread and ask for one!

Our next topic for Preptober is: introduce the rest of the class to your story's setting!

nusignature.png nusignature.png

I am the darkness, always watching, always listening, ALWAYS THERE.
(If you're interested in Plain of Ice, message me, it's private. Bleach site, non-canon.)

Now, this one I can easily do. I think?

The project I'm working on as part of my rebellion this year is a roleplay set in Faerûn, the world that makes up the Forgotten Realms campaign for D&D and the setting for the Forgotten Realms books. I'm planning to start it in Baldur's Gate, with the first major story arc involving the Gate and the Undercity beneath it. I haven't settled yet on the when though.

Mostly a modern-fantasy setting with witches and magic and a magical world separate from our own. Also vampires and mermaids and stuff. I think just the witches and vampires will be important at all. I've gotten over 400k into this project already so I'll just tldr the magic world has a big secret that threatens the MCs.

... this is also the basis of Simprovise, funny enough. xD

Same setting. Modern fantasy with witches and magic and vampires and whatnot. I still think only the witches and vampires will be important.

• Love 1

nusignature.png nusignature.png

I am the darkness, always watching, always listening, ALWAYS THERE.
(If you're interested in Plain of Ice, message me, it's private. Bleach site, non-canon.)

Setting... setting. Okay.

So for Major Project 1 the setting is a future earth where a large percentage of the population has gained superpowers of some sort (each person has a power specific to them, basically, these are called quirks). Most technology is pretty modern. The main characters are training to become heroes.

Major Project 2 (and... 3) share a semi-apocalyptic world where people... also have specific personal powers (called semblances instead of quirks). The world is divided into four nations and outside of population centers life is very difficult because of monsters. The monsters are created and semi-controlled by an evil force that we have learned cannot be destroyed, our heroes are doing their best to stand against her anyway.

Major Project 4:  Semi-modern world - cars, cellphones etc along with Airships (you know the fantasy staple, not normal airplanes). Outside of population centers wild animals run rampant and after dark even more powerful monsters appear. Humans remain clustered together and except in towns and cities where lights can keep the monsters at bay, people mostly don't travel. There is a large empire aiming to take over the world and our main characters live in what is basically the last nation standing against the empire.

To see how I did describing the settings since these are fandoms, lol, they are below.

Spoiler

Project 1 was My Hero Academia, 2 and 3 are RWBY based, and Project 4 is FFXV based. 

affiliatebutton.png

Some must be warriors that others may live in peace.